The Becoming God

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

You Are At Least Half Right If You Are Scared: An E-mail With Siti

Dan

Wow! Those two clips; Japanese pop-rock and "I’m a Pentecostal"…wild! But, I’m not offended!😊

It’s a shame that not more people would comment if they are viewing. Normally I hear people making a remark or commenting on something they merely notice on…the TV, let’s say, when they’re in the store or coffee shop. But when reading your material, people don’t understand or can’t quite get their minds wrapped around it…subject matter/topic. It’s not what is usually discussed even among Christians…because it’s not what they know anything about. Most Christians or even Sunday school teachers can and will only discuss what they’ve been told or trained about their denomination/creed/doctrine of man about God. So if I share something about the Ineffable, their comment would be, "Say what?"

I hope however, the seed is sown in their hearts, to come back to view (your blog) and chew on these things in their minds more deeply.

I’m reminded of that verse in Matthew 7:21-23 of Alexander’s Aramaic ("It is not whoever says to me, 'My Lord, my Lord..."). That’s a scary passage when read and understood correctly. When Neville talks about missing the mark/sin…it is missing the opportunity to create or imagine the wish fulfilled, or only going through it halfway because it’s too hard when your senses deny your goals, or "being a doer" of His word is too difficult. Human nature backs off and settles for less with a good excuse to accept the "status quo."

I’m probably getting too lengthy now, I only meant to let you know that I was not offended.

Siti
_________________________________

Siti,

I fight obfuscation in my blog posts, but often lose. I want to be readable, and words scare people. Not many people are wrestling with these ideas. I think we do because we are scared; for we know this guy/God IS real. And if believers in His name doing those things mentioned do not satisfy Him, what does He want? Better find out before we go to visit. Sad if in platitude Christianity we do less. And those works are "abomination"? Then where is the good stuff? Him, for His sake! Let's not go halfway.

Dan Steele

PS: Thanks for your comments. I really do write better to someone than just trying to put out doctrine, insights, and ideas.

PPS: Back to the "good stuff" above: Him, for His sake. I have the example of my friend and neighbor Janet Gunther, who caught up in praise and worship and was healed. And my acceptance by God when I submitted completely to Him. But...

...did Jesus do anything on the cross? Suffering, propitiation, redemption are not works one does, are they? You are pretty much just there. Jesus said he could do something, but he wasn't going to. The only thing Jesus did do on the cross was to love God: "Eil, Eil, to this I was destined" (Alexander in Story of Jesus From His Own Words). Destined to love God to the greatest degree. Love of God was the woo in that voodoo: "Come to me, all you mourners and carriers of burdens, and I shall give you peace. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, as I am easy* (peaceful) and gentle of heart, and you shall find peace in your souls. For my yoke is pleasant and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30 Alexander).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home