The Becoming God

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Notes On Being A Doer Of The Word

I especially appreciate getting comments from Siti, because I do not have a church covering in this area. (A church covering is the overseeing person or group an outlier like me is accountable to. Siti is my check and balance and her comments are often my inspiration.) I found Bryan Melvin's testimonies on Randy Kay's YouTube channel to be very enlightening: our lives on earth become the basis of our experience in heaven or hell. This scared the heck out of Melvin. As usual, Siti's comments and discussion brought further illumination (see email below).

Her first paragraph, regarding the word from God Kay shared from Colossians 3:2: "So as you may look up [to heaven] and not to earth" (Alexander). 'Look' means to think about, to respond to, to contemplate, to consider as real reality, etc. As Neville taught, the process of creation is that thought - imagination - proceeds into the future to manifest there. So our looking solely at the bad and messed up things of earth perpetuates them, for it causes them anew! If we want heaven, we have to LOOK AT HEAVEN!! Imagine how heaven is, or that the earth is as heaven would have it, like Neville imagined he was in Barbados and on the leaving ship Barbados. Think of earth, get earth. Think of heaven, get heaven. Manifestation follows assumption ("creation"). This is the pattern. It ain't rocket science.

Siti's second paragraph sent me to Alexander's translation of Philippians 2:5-6, which is drastically different from any other version: "Contemplate this within yourselves, just as Christ, who was in the likeness of God, did not think it a sin that He did not assume God's manner" (italics mine). Think about it. Not, "Christ did not think it a sin to be equal to God," but, "Christ did not think it a sin to be unequal to God." I.e., (as I read Alexander) Jesus accepted that He was both God AND man--divine and servant: "He (Satan) has nothing in Me." As Siti's father used to say (and this is one heck of a father!), "I am as real seated in heaven with Christ now, as I am here on the earth." We are BOTH ends of one Being! We are not going to be seated; we ARE seated: "What I think...is NOW!" We reign with Christ. (Be sure you reign as He desires, submitted and forgiven, because we are causing our reward OR our recompense.)

Fourth paragraph discusses the resultant condition of the world from the creative power of our imaginations. Siti sees we need to change ourselves FIRST to bring resultant change into the world. THAT is the Word from the Lord Randy Kay shared: think of heavenly, good things instead of earthly, problematic things.
______________________

Dan,

Noticed your latest post…watched some of the YouTubes you mentioned. Interesting quote about "Take my mind away from the things of this world so that I might focus my attention on things of heaven and what you, dear Lord Jesus, want me to dwell on."

That’s quite different from "Contemplate this within yourselves, just as Messiah, who was in the likeness of Allaha, did not think it a sin that He did not assume Allaha’s manner" (Philippians 2:5-6 Alexander)…which reminds me more of Abdullah’s and Neville’s practice of the scriptures.
They speak of NOW…"today is the day of salvation," or as my Dad used to say, "I am as real seated in heaven with Christ now, as I am here on the earth."

We are constantly being encouraged to take the perspective/view/path from the inside (heaven's view) and have that experience practiced, rather than the outside (earthly, fleshly view)…talked about.

Neville shares much about how we already practice or are active in our imagination, though it be in ignorance or negative…as we can see by looking at the condition of the world.
Though I am one person active within bringing change, I see change in myself first as foundation to bring (imagine) change around me (think on these things; whatsoever is good, lovely, sound mind).
Then, "Casting down vain imagination" (2 Cor. 10:5)…

Sorry if I sound lengthy or redundant.
Many times when I read your posts, many scriptures come to mind and solidifies with what you’re saying.
Just like Neville’s book Resurrection, which I do not get tired reading.

I certainly hope you have more readers who are on the same page with this perspective, and are commenting.

Siti
__________________________

Only you, Siti. You really had a great dad and mom. My blog is visited about two hundred times a day, but few ever make any kind of comment. I get some thank yous. I am thinking of culling through my posts to make sure I am not misleading anyone. Bryan Melvin's experience got me thinking. I recognize the symbolic language it was, but what it said to me was to take conversion consequences seriously. Neville's insistence that no character of scripture was historical is easily misunderstood. There were real people involved, but the scriptures are about the divine part of them. E.g., the characters in Genesis were all Moses and ARE us. Like being seated in heaven--THAT part of us is real, too. More real, in fact. In the Bible I see a bodily Jesus--He was required--but it is His more literal life as the FIELD the Season and the Scriptures are presenting symbolically. The guy and the field (and we) are one. Maybe we just can't see the field without the guy: "No human [being] comes to my Father except through me" (John 14:6 Alexander). I have bought into the imagination of the Consciousness of the Ineffable imagining It was here on schedule as a man. Knees and face down. God says He's a real guy, okay, I accept that language. That's how I'll talk.

PS: Sorry for this, Siti - completely aside: Saying that only you regularly make comments brought to mind this 1980s Japanese pop-rock song. They say "only you" a lot at the end. Not exactly a hymn. I hope you do not mind and are not offended. Otherwise, there is this industrial-strength joyful song: I'm a Pentecostal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home