The Becoming God

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Don't Go To A Pissed-off God

When I was saved I saw that my sin was depriving God of whatever use or purpose He had for me when He made me to live. What have YOU been doing? I had used HIS life and wasted it under my direction instead of His. Big Bozo no-no. Kneeling there, I was screwed! Vengeance was His, and He had every right to repay. And ability. Yikes! Being an offensive piece of crud in front of an angry Almighty was not a happy place. Don't let it happen to you!!

Fortunately, my mother who was on His good side was praying up a storm for me, reminding Him that Jesus had died for me. I was there because Jesus had given me His calling card, a miraculous intervention evidencing His reality. "Wait," I thought. "If that is real, then the rest of the Bible must be true, too." I looked into it and realized that yes, that IS what is going on in reality -- that invisible world is the real one, and this life I have lived, well, it is not the real mechanics of reality; it is more the results of the other.

Anyway, I had nothing. I had taken God's gift of life in a mud-man and had usurped His position. I was a thief, a rebel - hadn't even said, "Thank you." All I could do was complete surrender and cast self-lordship, the control I had over my life, out of myself. I did, and submitted myself to whatever. "You are Glorious God. I am a mud-man. Whatever you tell me to do, that is what I will do." Then I shut up and waited.

I waited awhile. I had NO intention of moving a muscle until He told me what to do. Then I heard a distinct but soft voice say, "Remember this, and it is all right." He accepted me! And I received the baptism in the Holy Ghost, an infusion of His power throughout my being.

Be sure you are there, too. You do not want to be on His bad side deserving vengeance when opportunity to repent is gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home