The Becoming God

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Proverbs: Perpetuators and Perpetrators

Images we think become our world, a world created by us.

I confess my faults. I enjoy the KCAL 9 news broadcast in Los Angeles, and at night I watch YouTube videos of bad drivers, fails, off-color humor, and clips from movies and television shows. It is an unbelievable world we live in, and all this negativity: wars, catastrophes, violence, murders, theft, vulgarity, fornication, cruelty, etc. - the malevolence seen on TV and imagined - perpetuates it, for my imagining perpetrates it. The bad world is my manifestation: I cause it.

Solomon says to flee the bad land, to learn wisdom and get an education in righteousness, and to THINK good things instead of bad. I am not real good at controlling my mind. In Proverbs there is a constant teeter-tottering between how the good think and how the bad think: the bad are like this, but the good are like this; be good, don't be bad. There is constant encouragement to control our minds, to not DO evil because because of THINKING good.

4:20. My son, listen to my words, and extend your ear toward what I say.
21. Do not let them get out of your sight, except guard them inside your heart.
22. Because they are Everlasting Life* to whoever finds them, and his or her flesh shall all be healed.
23. With every enlightenment guard your heart, because it is from him that the Everlasting Life* emerges.
24. Do away from you the impertinent mouth, and put off from your lips the recommendation of fraudulence.
25. Let your eyes gaze objectively, and your eyelids take in what is in front of you* (Your eyes with wholesomeness they look, and your eyelids make do in front of you).
26. Let your feet pass from evil paths, and all your ways shall be well established.
27. And do not deviate to the right and the left, except let your foot pass from evil.*

Consider Proverbs 4:25, please: "Let your eyes gaze objectively, and your eyelids take in what is in front of you." What is front of you, of your desired life, let your EYELIDS take in. I.e., imagine it. Let your imagination make do what is in front of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home