The Becoming God

Friday, March 18, 2022

I Am Betting On The Man

I know I have said hundreds of times that God is a conscious field and that Jesus is the field's substantiveness and that you and I are at best perturbances in and of that field. And I have agreed with Neville Goddard that no character of scripture was ever a literal living, mortal being. But I disagree with Neville that Jesus was symbolic and not a flesh and blood human. That he was different from the scriptural picture to be sure (better, not less), but he was a person like you and me nevertheless.

The scripture is sentiment about the real person who was, about what he was and what he became, but I believe the human really was because he had to be. Because God cannot hold us to being as he was if he was not flesh at all. I mean, where is the standard to judge by if he wasn't? The Season of Grace, which Daniel described as the fulfillment of obligations and the coming, death, and ascension of the Messiah King, required a real, living, breathing Messiah King to actually come, die, and ascend. Something concrete had to transpire, and there is our standard: we cannot be expected to do or be more than he, so he had to be.

(Edit: Yes, I know the Biblical story is an illustration, but so are we. When we meet it, it will be a person, as I believe it already is.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home