The Becoming God

Friday, February 18, 2022

My Deal With God

I do not mean deal like bargain. I mean deal like experience - the deal I went through. My problem is that Jesus had the right to forgive me for robbing God of what I should have been doing for Him. Jesus had gained that right by his love and obedience of suffering the torments and death he did. I saw him go through them in a vision at the House of Praise in Kaimuki. I could not repay God for the perfect life He had given me, because my life was shortened and soiled by my sins and previous rebellion. By going through what he did, Jesus gained the right to rise from the dead, to own me and to forgive me if he so wished.

The thing is, it wasn't that he had paid for my sins. I was still bearing those. He had earned for himself by his love and obedience. The only thing was that he rose from the dead and was entitled in his ascension. There I sat. All I could do was to thank him for forgiving me, giving me his life, the credit for his love and obedience, his resurrection, and his ascension. I had no idea of how I could possibly get to him, but he said - audibly in my mind - "Come unto Me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home