The Becoming God

Thursday, May 20, 2021

His Evolution is Our Evolution, His Desire is (?) Our Desire: A Response to Cheryl Craig

I received another great question from Cheryl Craig on "I Am Sorry For The Obfuscating Verbiage In The Upcoming Post In Reply To Cheryl." This post is not that promised upcoming post, but is a reply to this comment:

"Hi Dan, I have a question for you. I have been meditating on the idea that it is not enough to know you are God you have to be God. By this I mean use your imagination consciously. I was thinking that this is how we awaken, as Neville did. I must be a doer of the word and not a hearer only. Perhaps you are teaching this in your posts and I have not quite understood it in this light before. I am part of a book group that reads spiritual books, we are reading a book by Ernest Holmes right now. Many women in the group think that desire is bad, we must have no desires but I think as Neville, that desires are from God. It is by manifesting my desires and seeing myself as the cause that I awaken. I believe that there is an evolution to this process that one will eventually get to the place of having no desires because what could I as God desire when I know who I am? In the meantime, I must get to the place of Christ and be a doer of the word. Just a thought. I would love your input."

We must have no desires? Ask them about this again at supper time. All of this - life, the universe, consciousness, existence - is about a desire, about the appeasement of the Ineffable's hunger. Christ went to the cross, and we in Him, to fulfill it, to fulfill the desire God has for HIMSELF. There was a joy set before Him. God loves us because we ARE Him; we are God, that is. The Divine Intelligence is already sold on there not being anything else but Itself. I love the name Israel for this reason: Jacob is the doer of God being the doer, of God's doing: of godding (see PPS below and Cooper's God is a Verb). It is a synergy thing, the cooperation of two parts of one whole. I submit to His being me and to my being Him...to the fulfilment of HIS, er, my, er OUR desire. It is concerted; we do a thing together; I do part and He does part... as one.

Qohlat (Aramaic), or the Book of Ecclesiastes, reads a lot like Buddhist philosophy. Everything is, or at least seems to be, vanity, waste, ultimately worthless when you run it down to its essential value. It is a judgment thing: what is spending, and what is investment? What is unprofitable desire, and what is genuinely profitable? The answer is surprising: there is nothing better than to live in serenity. "Give us today tomorrow's bread," as I understand it, means I imagine and receive now what God will do. My imagining empowers Him to do His will. I am not making anything besides His making in and through our oneness.

Yes, it is evolution. We are God's Manifestation becoming His likeness with perfect fidelity and integrity. Is also why I hate the so-called Law of Attraction. Not that it doesn't work; it does. But why it works is not attraction; it is godding.

I hope you can detect in all of this the layering of God I have been trying to express in that "upcoming" post. There is the ineffable (...?), Its consciousness, and the consciousness' Manifestation, both the Plan and the evolving Fulfillment. The evolving Fulfilment IS Him. "Not one, but not two."

PS: This is an imagic world. Everything EATS (hint hint). The question is, hunger for WHAT? The stuff here, or His life there, er, here? Here if I am aware of it.

PPS: From the Ancient Hebrew Research Center on the Internet, their definition of the name (nature) 'Israel":

"This name has been translated several different ways including "he wrestles with God", "Prince of God", "he struggles with God", and several others. The name "Israel" is actually a complete sentence in one word. The name has three components - Y, SR and AL. The "Y" is a prefix meaning "he". The "AL" usually pronounced as "el" is the Hebrew word for "God". The "SR" is the part that seems to cause most of the problems in translation.

"The Hebrew word "SR" literally means "turn the head". It is often translated as "prince" or "ruler", one who turns the head of the people. The feminine form of this word is "SRH" or "Sarah". Abraham's wife Sarah was very beautiful and probably "turned the head" of the men who saw her (edit: she certainly turned Abraham's head, and God's, toward anything she wanted). Another word related to "SR" is yasar meaning "discipline". When you discipline your children you are turned their head from a path of bad to a path of good.

"Because the "Y" is in front of the word "SR" we know that this is a verb and not a noun (this is standard Hebrew grammar) and can literally be translated as "he turns the head of God". The way I like to understand this is that when Israel (either Jacob or his descendants) speaks to God, God, the father of Israel, stops what he is doing and turns to his son and says, 'What do you want my son?'" (Edit: or, "My daughter," or, "My child." The question mark here is also my edit.)

So it would seem, Cheryl, that God does not think desire a bad thing. Properly disciplined, we are on a path of good. What GOOD thing do we want? Will Has the Consciousness Who Is Godding already given us whatever we desire? If we know exactly what we want and are satisfied it fulfills the Golden Rule, is right because it is right, honors God and etc., yes. And here is an aside: especially if we have a promise for it. I noticed a book my son is reading: Because I Said I Would. Marry these words with God's promise: "I will do this, because I said I would." God watches over His Word to perform it for whoever believes. Whomever. Whatever. Just do it. See Abarim Publications The Name Israel, especially the last paragraph:

"Our guess: Israel means He Retains God, or slightly more elaborate: He Has Become A Receptacle In Which God Can Be Received And Retained. This most primary Biblical concept was obviously revisited in the story of the manger in which the Word was received."

Manger. This is an imagic world, and this is what we are to be. Takes me back to T. L. Osborn's testimony. "I saw Jesus was alive. I saw that life demonstrated by a humble man (William M. Branham). 'You can do that!' Then I saw Jesus in His Word, and stepped out to do it, to feed people God's love" (paraphrased).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home