The Becoming God

Thursday, April 23, 2020

'Abraham' Is From Av-ra-him; It Means "Allaha's Mercy" (James 2:23 Alexander)

If Abraham meant "Father of a Multitude" in Hebrew/Aramaic, why did God need to explain it? Its meaning would have been immediately apparent in the word itself. Duh. James explains it in chapter 2 of his letter to the twelve tribes. It's clearer, I think, in Alexander's Aramaic:

James 2

1. Brethren, do not hold the faith that glorifies our Lord Jesus Christ hypocritically.
2. For if a person walks into your synagogue wearing gold rings or their clothing are beautiful, another, a poor person, enters in rags,
3. And you look at the one attired in a beautiful outfit and say, "You sit over here where it is nice," and to the poor person you say, "You stand up over there," or, "sit over here by the rug under our feet,"
4. Behold, are you not at odds within yourselves, and are you not choosing with evil intentions?
5. Listen, dear brethren, was it not those poor in worldly possessions and yet rich in faith that God chose to be the heirs of the Kingdom, that which God bequeathed to those who showed mercy to Him?
6. You, however, shun the poor. Was it not the wealthy who oppressed you and who delivered you to the court?
7. Were they not blaspheming against your blessed name by which you were Called?
8. And if you adhere to the Law of God, you would do well, as is written [in Scriptures,] "Be merciful to your brothers and sisters* (in-laws, or: your relations through marriage or culture) as though they were yourself."
9. If you are hypocritical in your attitude, however, you are committing sin, and you are betraying the Law like those who transgressed the Law.
10. For if all the Law is observed and is applied as one, one is responsible to observe all.
11. For [the same Law] that said, "You shall not fornicate," also says, "You shall not kill." For if then you did not fornicate, except you did kill, you have transgressed the Law nevertheless.
12. Thus you shall speak and thus you shall vow, as people who are destined to be tried by the Law of Freedom.
13. For a judge has no mercy for the one who shows no mercy. You win the judge over with mercy.

14. What gratification is there, brethren, if a person says, "I have faith," but they have no works? Can such a faith bring them back to life?
15. And if a brother or sister are naked and are lacking their daily needs,
16. And they are told by one of you,* "Go in peace, keep warm and be satisfied," and you do not give them their bodily needs, where is the gratification?
17. Thus also the faith without works is dead by itself.
18. For a human being says, "To you it is having your faith and to me it is having works; show me your faith without works and I will show you my faith through my works."
19. That you believe there is one God* (That you believe that One is the God), you are doing well. Yet even the demons believe this as they writhe on their bellies* (crawl on the earth, or, roll in the dirt.).
20. So then you want to know, O, you mixed up human being, that faith without works is dead?
21. Was not our father Abraham made righteous through works, as he raised his son Isaac to the altar?
22. You can see how his faith led to his works, and through the works his faith molded him.
23. And the Scripture was fulfilled that said, "It was that Abraham believed in God, which was reckoned to him as righteousness," that he was called God's (Allaha's) Mercy, "Av-ra-him." *
24. You can see that it was through** works that a human being is made righteous and not through faith alone.


*2:8 Lit. Ar. idiom (Lit. Ar. id.): "In-laws," or: your relations through marriage or culture.
*2:16 Lit. Ar. id.: "A human being from you."
*2:19.2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "That you believe that One is the God."
*2:19.2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Crawl on the earth," or, "roll in the dirt."
*2:23 Lit. Aramaic name: "The Father is Merciful."

**edit, verse 24: insert the word MERCIFUL. See verse 5. Abraham was merciful to God THROUGH HIS FUTURE being merciful to the poor BY FAITH. Read that again, and then verse 5 below: "I HAVE GIVEN YOU AS A FATHER TO MANY NATIONS." !!You are GOING to be Allaha's Mercy to many nations (those ignorant of God?) by teaching them faith, for the kingdom is bequeathed to those who show Him mercy--so I name you that NOW!!

Interestingly, Alexander's Aramaic New Testament uses 'Allaha' in all cases of 'God'.
________________________________

Genesis 17

1. And Abram reached the age of ninety-nine and the Lord revealed Himself to Abram and said to him, "I am* (I am I) the Eil, the Almighty* (Eil Shaddai). Worship before me and be without fault.
2. "And I shall make my covenant* (stance) between me and for you, and I shall enrich you exceedingly"* (figure of speech: "goodly, goodly").
3. And Abram fell on his face, and God spoke and commanded him.
4. "Behold, I shall make my covenant* (stance) with you, and you shall become the father of many nations.
5. "Your name will not be called again Abram. Except your name shall be Abraham, because I give you as father to many nations.
6. "And I shall make you plentiful and increase your numbers well* (goodly, goodly). And I shall give you to the nations and there will emerge kings from your progeny* (kings will emerge from your back).
7. "And I shall make my covenant with you* (stand my stance between me and to you), and with your offspring in their centuries until the Resurrection unto eternal life* (to the rising of the [to the end of] the universe), and I shall be your God and [the God] of your offspring after you.
8. "And I shall give you and your offspring the land where you reside, all the land of Canaan, until the inheritance of life eternal* (... to the inheritance of the [to the end of] the universe), and I shall be to them their God" (guard my stance).

*17:1.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "I am I."
*17.1.2 Lit. Ar. title: "Eil Shaddai."
*17:2.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Stance."
*17:2.2 Lit. Ar. figure of speech: "Goodly, goodly."
*17:4 Lit. Ar. id.: "Stance."
*17:6.1 Lit. Ar. figure of speech: "Goodly, goodly."
*17:6.2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Kings will emerge from your back."
*17:7.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Stand my stance between me and to you."
*17:7.2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "To the rising of the to [the end of] the universe."
*17:8 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "... to the inheritance of the to [the end of] the universe."
*17:8 Lit. Ar. expression: "Guard my stance."



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home