The Becoming God

Friday, April 10, 2020

The Slight Exception In God, and The Big Mistake In The Church

I was surprised that no one commented on my assertion that God is only good, and that he has no negative. I was sure someone would point out that God says, "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil" (Isaiah 45:7 King James Version), that it is God who brings disaster--evil--on those who continue in hard-hearted rebellion against Him.

I protest, though, that it is ignorance, not God, which creates evil. Ignorance is the slight exception IN the nature of God TO the nature of God. Creation is imagination. Ignorance IN God's imagination creates evil, and we, you and I--spirit/consciousness of God--have become the ignorance of God's imagination. We are his tools, his action, of overcoming this ignorance, the slight exception to himself, and getting rid of it. That is the work we are supposed to be doing.

The big mistake of the church is not seeing that we are God in this work. The grave error in Judeo-Christian theology is the absence of Advaita. Advaita, "not two," is the absence of division, the absolute oneness underlying all things which appear to be separate. Advaita is described as "not one, but not two." Creation is NOT separate from God. God is everything manifest and not manifest. God is the incomprehensible, ineffable, invisible No-thing Being AND Its Spirit/Consciousness AND the manifest power-forms of matter we observe. Whenever I try to explain to religious people of any persuasion that we are God, that God made us of himself, that there isn't anything that isn't God, I hear, "Oh no. You are not God, I am not God, God would not become us, 'I will not share my Glory,’ blah, blah, blah, & etc.." For God's sake, he doesn't SHARE it with us as another, he IS us. We are him when WE create evil by the ignorance of our imagination.

I just got an interesting illustration today: You know that quantum particles can be split, yet the separate parts remain connected. "Spooky action from a distance," Einstein called it. Well, at the Big Bang, all the matter in the universe came from the splitting of a single quantum particle. Everything is connected -- is one thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home