The Becoming God

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Three Modes of the Ineffable: I Believe in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ: the Faith of a Oneness Pentecostal Trinitarian

My understanding is that the ineffable God exists in three modes of consciousness. One is whatever the Ineffable is Itself. That is, the Ineffable is whatever It is beyond Its manifest consciousness, Its "thinking." Whatever It is beyond Its consciousness is something we will probably never know. But in the tradition of Descartes' "I think, therefore I am," "We are, therefore Something must be." If we are here, It must be there.

The most important thing here is that the ineffable Source is CONSCIOUS. We do not know what else the Ineffable might have or be, but It is decidedly CONSCIOUS. The Source, "God," is a conscious being. An invisible, bodiless, formless being has a hard time moving. It cannot do anything, because It has nothing to move. All It can do is think. But being an infinite and eternal consciousness, It can think a LOT!

Consciousness is the Manifestation of the ineffable Being-Beyond-Consciousness. The Divine Consciousness is, as it were, the "Son" of the "Beyond." I know, I know, one of my two consciousnesses here is "beyond consciousness," but what else can we say about the Ineffable? It is, as Its name implies, INEFFABLE!! I cannot say that It is not consciousness, because It has consciousness. The Ineffable's consciousness, though, is a notably inherent aspect of It. How do you distinguish you from your consciousness? You don't, but there the two of you are: you and your consciousness. Yeah, as one. One is what the scriptures are hammering down.

I do not know if having and being an infinite and eternal consciousness means anything to you, but think about it. An eternal consciousness can think about anything: anything that is; what It, the Ineffable, is; what could be; how everything that could be could and would come about; every deviation, distraction, and alternative to a thing's coming about, and how to overcome those impediments; etc., etc.. I can only suppose that the infinite and eternal ineffable Being worked out in Its imagination everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, it would take for Its expanding self--consciousness--to become manifest in Its expansion. We are talking the expansion of consciousness here: Its consciousness. There isn't anything else. Which leads me to the third mode of consciousness: intelligence.

I speak of intelligence as power. You wouldn't be mistaken to call it wisdom. It is the power to become what is imagined. God imagined light, and light effused out. Boom! Its intelligence became. Everything else It imagined became, also. History appears to us to become sequentially, but I am not at all certain that is the actual case. Yes, my present being is concrete material manifestation in the progress of time, but I can imagine I am elsewhere--imagine, mind you--and that elsewhere is just as solidly concrete in its reality as here. Consciousness as intelligence manifest - according to my observation/expectation - facilitates the manifestation of the imagination of my (God's) consciousness and the purpose of the "Beyond" non-thing.

The Beginning of the Ineffable's conscious intention to become was the "death" of the Son. We are Its present crucified form. Its death is promised to end. Resurrection is the constantly expressed power of the Ineffable in the progressive ascension of our "ignoranced" (made into the ignorance of the Ineffable's imagination by amnesia) consciousness into the Ineffable's likeness. I believe there was a Jewish guy who did it before us, who is enabled to help us do it ourselves. We are just like him, the three modes of consciousness--God Itself in action.

The way up and out is CONSCIOUSNESS: imagination in the right, God-like attitude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home