The Becoming God

Thursday, December 26, 2019

Is Ashur, the Beginning, Imagination?

I have referred to Exodus 3 in 174 posts now. People forget that the contextual question at hand is Jethro, God's Excellence. In the ancient Aramaic, 3:14, the nature of God's Excellence is, "Ahiyeh Ashur Hiyeh." This is similar but not the same as the Hebrew, "'Ehyeh 'Asher 'Ehyeh." In both there is the sense of God saying that His nature is becoming: "I - I BECOME."

In the Hebrew, 'Asher is a relative 'that': "I - I become that 'I - I become.'" I read it as God saying that His becoming is relative to what we become.

In the Aramaic, Ashur is the Beginning, in its absolute sense (per Alexander). It is the Beginning Spark That Kindles The Flame*. The Beginning has no beginning of Itself; It is the beginning of everything ELSE. I hold that Ashur, this Creator God, is Imagination: "I - I become Imagination, His becoming." I read it as, "I, Imagination, become His (God's Excellence's) becoming." Again, this is relative to what WE become by our imagination. We imagine, and God becomes it. This is the Kingdom of God.

The problem is He really becomes what we really believe deep in the heart of our imagination. Most of us don't even know what that really is. What DO I believe? For most of us it is fear, doubt, and desperation. It might be worse for us if we knew what our heart was imagining. We do not receive that in its fullness because we ask amiss -- not according to God's will. As I mentioned in my previous post, Jesus is God poured out usward. We are thinking about ourselves; God is thinking about everyone.

The Chinese, I hear, have a saying, "Elbows bend inward." That is, our interest should be in taking care of our own family, not others. God, though, has got the whole world in His arms. The sweep of our arms should include everyone. Elbows bend inward, yes, so we are to take care of the WHOLE FAMILY -- everyone on earth. Pray, hope, and intend good for EVERYONE.


*Alexander's note on Exodus 3:14:
*3:14 Lit. Aramaic: (1) "Ahiyeh": "the One Who Comes in His Coming," the absolute sense of "the One Who Comes." (2) "Ashur": "the Beginning Spark that kindles the Fire" or "the Light." (3) "Hiyeh": "His Coming." (4) "Ahiyeh" and "hiyeh" are related forms of the same word. They mean more than "the Coming." They signify also the "Eternal Presence," "the Ever-Present," and the "Never Ceasing Intent of the Comer to Come." (5) In the same way, "Ashur" signifies "the Uncreated Creator who Creates Everything from Nothing." (6) Also, "Ashur" signifies: "Above-the-Flames."

May I (Steele) suggest without warrant that 'Ahiyeh' could be translated as "My coming" or "My becoming." Hence, "God's becoming has sent me over to you," 'you' being our own thoughts which need to become ordered as God's thoughts -- Israel.

1 Comments:

  • Ashur like Adam is composed of two Akkidian / per Akkidian words.
    A_Dam: A = This one & Dam = Looks like; the 2-words together convey the meaning of 'This one looks like us!
    A_Shur: A = This one & Shur = the Beginner; the 2-words together convey the meaning of 'This One is the Beginner' of all things in heaven and on earth!

    By Blogger Sarrukinu, at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home