The Becoming God

Friday, July 05, 2019

Memories of Missed Opportunities: They Say, AWAKEN NOW!

Jesus Christ. A guy who attained the Anointing of YHWH. What he did, we can do, too. But I haven't.

For some YEARS now, in my quiet time I have been bothered by memories of missed opportunities. My opportunities and others'. Massive gaffs. Millions of dollars, life and love lost. The thoughts stir regret for foolish short-sightedness. Inactivity. Not applying myself. I just woke up to these memories being bonks on my head - that I presently have an opportunity that I am not taking advantage of. Not applying myself to. Am I going to miss this like I missed others? What opportunity might I presently have that is so important that God keeps whacking me upside along the head with memories of missed opportunities to say, "DON'T MISS THIS ONE!" What one? The opportunity to wake up now, spiritually, to consciousness, in this life, to EVOLVE.

Jesus said, "Come unto me" (quite literally - audibly in my brain - in 1975 at the House of Praise in Kaimuki, Hawaii). Then, I didn't know what he meant. Now, looking at life as evolution from matter to consciousness in a quantum reality, I realize that he was saying, "Rise to consciousness." Live a consciousness life. Not that by it I can get things I want, but that by it I can get the thing I need - the next stage of evolution: consciousness. Consciousness. Is. What. This. World. Is. About.

I was right that in “come unto me” (Matthew 11:28) he was not saying he wanted me to pray to him. He was saying, Use Me (thank you Merlin Carothers in Prison to Praise, wherein God said to Merlin, "I don't want to use you. I want you to use Me!").

Got to get crackin'. And as Pastor Jesse Mason used to say, "The only way to do it . . . is to do it."

2 Comments:

  • Hi Dan,

    Thank you for your wonderful blog.

    I have to admit that I don’t understand much of the concepts, especially when it comes to scripture. I wish someone would summarize your intellectual writings.

    I read this “Prison to Praise” a couple of months ago. It was a nice sunny quiet day, and I felt compelled to read it.

    Towards the end, it talks about giving praise to God , even for the furnaces we’ve gone through.

    I had a good career, interesting job with a good salary. I didn’t know I manifested it, and at some point I believe I attributed it to “luck”, that I somehow didn’t deserve. Well, I then lost the job through a stressful “bridge of incidents”, and was moved to a much lower administrative position. I then went through 10 years of financial difficulty. I was angry, sad, jealous, confused and stressed to the maximum.

    Luckily, I “forgave” those others a long time ago, as I did something stupid that caused it, so I accepted “my” role in the demotion.

    So after reading Prison to Praise, and although it seemed contradictive to do so, I sat down, thought deep inside, and praised God for allowing me to experience all the hardships I went through. I got to the point, where I did mean it.

    An inner voice said to me “It is finished”, meaning those hard times were over. I cried like a baby out of thankfulness and relief that it was done and finished, and that my life would improve.

    I then thought that perhaps I only imagined that voice, because I WANTED this message. The inner voice said to me: “Why would I lie to you”. That’s when I knew it was the God within me.

    My life has improved dramatically after that. I became aware that I was the operant power, and people only react to me as I believe they would.

    My question is this, why would we need to be thankful for the difficulties in our lives, and is it a requirement of becoming “ I AM”, or of manifesting? I know Neville Goddard talks about the furnaces we go through, but I haven’t heard him speak of the necessity of thanks.

    Feel free to answer this in a new blog, with scripture explained. I believe people would be interested on why we would need to be thankful for our difficulties, as that appears to be against human nature.

    Thanks, Steve

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:28 PM  

  • Thanks for the lead-in, Steve. See my reply at
    https://imagicworldview.blogspot.com/2019/09/hi-dan-thank-you-for-your-wonderful-blog.html

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home