The Becoming God

Thursday, May 30, 2019

There Is No He

I am sure it is an oddness to you that I read the Bible as one man, me. Not as what I have done, but ought be. All the characters, including myself, are God in the act of becoming. E.g., in Exodus, Moses is the germ of the Gospel in me, Egypt my earthiness, Pharaoh my rebellious ignorance, people my thoughts, cities the cages my beliefs construct, Jethro my desires, murmurings my complaining, the tabernacle my praise — my becoming.

God is in me, as "me." All that happens to me is allowed not by a god outside of me, but by the God who is inside. “I” am manifestation. You are too. We cannot pray to any god in heaven except to the God who is heaven in us. Why does God allow us to create the horrible things that happen to us? TO DRIVE US TO THE ONENESS. We praise God for everything he allows, because those things deliver us to the needing of him, to submission unto him WHO IS NOT ANOTHER.

There is no "he" who allows anything. We allow it. No separate, aloof, testing us god. Go to the oneness! We are not "with" God, but ARE God. We are that one Being. Praise is just part of the road to what we are.

"I AM THAT 'I AM'" is all first person in the Hebrew ('ehyeh 'asher 'ehyeh; lit. "I become that 'I become . . . '"). The grammatical third person in the Aramaic, the 'hiyeh' in "Ahiyeh Ashur hiyeh," is logically first person, too: "I (YHWH) am him (Jethro)," or "He (Jethro) is Me (YHWH)." “I manifesting have sent ‘me’ to you.”

I cannot recommend highly enough Merlin Carothers’ Power in Praise (1972, Plainfield, NJ: Logos International), but when he says of God that "He" allows the miseries we create to drive us to accepting Jesus Christ, remember "I am that Being."

Getting us to recognize “Him” doing things is just the beginning. If He is doing a thing, and we are doing the same thing, then we are one. God is trying to get us to recognize and accept the ONENESS.

Along this line is praising God. The only way to do it is to do it. Immediately apparent (at least in my mind) is that God hears us. If he hears us, then he is here. "God inhabits the praises of his people." His "people" are our thoughts. God has no problem with exalting himself, for as much as he could exalt himself, it is only the truth, so it is really good if you can allow the Holy Spirit to exalt God through you . . . for you. If YOU are praising God sincerely, and God is praising himself sincerely, the "two" are one. You are him; he is you.
_______________________________

That there is no god but the one who is us is basic to ancient Judaism, ancient Buddhism, and ancient Christianity. I am not familiar with ancient Islam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home