The Becoming God

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Note on Devotion, #1

I have oft referred to my baptism in the Holy Spirit. It was a rather protracted process late on a Sunday night after the evening service. "Saved" amongst Pentecostals, I asked for the gift of tongues, and found that God wouldn't touch me with a ten-foot pole. I was rejected. Emotionally crushed, I sought to become accepted. In my imagination, I saw the process wherein I had become rejected - becoming human consciousness with its ignorance and misdirection - and repented, casting self-lordship out of myself. Having found full and complete surrender unto God, I sensed the glow of his Glory above me and said in humble submission, "You are Glorious God; I am (your life in) a mud-man. Whatever you want me to do, I will do it."

I waited listening intensely for whatever God would direct, and I'd be there still if he hadn't said anything. After a short while, though, I distinctly heard a soft, "Remember this, and it is all right." Accepted, I received my baptism. But remember this what? I have always assumed the relationship I had described, our being one, but with each in our place. I wonder now if "this" was my newly existent comprehensive attitude of devotion to him. All my heart was submitted, yes, but my attitude was complete devotion to the Source of my life. "Remember this (devotion you have found), and it is all right." That's all he is asking!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home