The Becoming God

Friday, January 26, 2018

Reply to Comment in The Frequency and Duration of Neville Goddard's Imagining Exercises

I received the following request in a comment on "The Frequency and Duration of Neville Goddard Imagining Exercises:"

"Hello Dan, thank you so much for the explanation. It really resonated with me in this amazing journey I am on right now - to discovering who I really am. Would you be kind enough to share the meditation technique/spiritual talents that you spoke about. I know I could very well go right to the end and imagine anything, but the meditation technique drew quite a attention to me. Really appreciate your reply if you can spare a few moments. Godspeed :)"

Sorry for the long answer, Anonymous, but I want you to see what was going on back then:

It was early 1975 in Honolulu, Hawaii, a great place to winter. When it gets cold, you put on a tee shirt. I was 25 years old and living in a pickup truck. It wasn't legal, but I didn't know that when I sent the truck over in May of 1974. I had learned Transcendental Meditation the year before, and while I had stopped that practice of meditation, I was consuming book after book about eastern religions, philosophies, the occult, and metaphysics. And I was much interested in the message behind the rock music of the day. A comfortable bum's life.

My interest in eastern religions had been sparked by the Beatles and the much publicity given celebrity interest in those religions. I'd had very close friends who were in the Self-Realization fellowship, and as a veteran of San Francisco hippiedom in the 1960's I was pretty well distanced from the Methodist Church I'd been raised in. I was interested in spiritual development, and the Church offered nothing in that area.

I had no idea I was being attacked by the spiritual interests behind eastern religions and groomed for possession. Ignorance is the mother of such confusion as is there, and ignorance was attacking me. Its purpose was to possess me in that confusion, so my interests were drawn that direction and I was fed that logic. But while they, the spiritual interests behind eastern religions, were intending to possess me in confusion, God -- unbeknownst to them -- was having me trained in the process of possession for HIM.

I had taken a course in dream analysis at the local metaphysical book store, and then got into their meditation class. We sat in rows of folding chairs and listened to indoctrinating teaching from the instructors and practiced various guided meditations. I never figured out why Underwood marched back and forth showing us large sheets of colored paper: "White is for. . . Yellow is for . . . Blue is for . . . Purple is for . . . " etc.. Maybe it was just part of the hypnotism. But we weren't hypnotized; something was being induced. An acceptance, perhaps. But you, Anonymous, are interested in the meditation that trained me in a spiritual skill. This you do not get in church. Yet.

They were pre-possession exercises. Sometimes we sat; sometimes we lie on the floor. You consciously relax every muscle as led by the instructors. The instructor would direct our attention to each part, section, or feature of the body and have us consciously relax it. This seemed to go on forever. Relax, relax. relax. Then in the guided meditation we would visit places like the beautiful, tropical lagoon, and yes, go down in it to the blue oyster with its large, fabulous pearl. In these meditations there was always a giving over, a turning the spirit over to do something we ordinarily would not be able to do. I cannot do such a thing, but the spirit can if I so project it inside.

It is a kind of submission, a giving over; you relax, and submit. You trust and let go regardless of the threat because, hey, this is just imagination. We are in a meditation, and everything is really okay and secure -- there is no real threat. In one meditation we so relaxed and gave ourselves over in submission that some of us levitated. My arms rose a bit, but I didn't really get up. A woman in the first row supposedly floated off her chair.

These exercises were getting kind of spooky to me. In one we looked into other people's spirits. I didn't like what I saw. I would liked to have run, but was too embarrassed to. Then, in my last meditation, we created a door in the wall of our mental workshop and opened it to allow an ascended master to come and instruct us one-on-one. I had the door open and "Jesus" was coming down to enter my mind and teach me the things he taught his disciples. Things the unspiritual church had lost. I was about to give my mind over to this glowing spirit when all of a sudden my mind's eye was enabled to see through it. Its glow was a façade; it was all darkness within. All kinds of understanding rushed through my mind. The "Jesus" spirit hadn't wanted me to be able to see through it, but had no power to stop That which had enabled me to. It was on a mission, and its objective had just been plucked out of its grasp.

Its mission had been to get me to a point where I would lay down my authority to it, to allow it to enter me and take possession of me, for being BELOW me in authority it needed my permission through my laying down my level of authority to its level. The Big Guy above said in effect, "No, that is enough. I will take over from here. Thanks, bye." I got right out of that meditation and sat there awhile sorting it all out: I had been going the wrong way, but the Big Guy knew it and had allowed it for His purpose.

I found out that purpose in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, when I discovered my rebellion and robbery of God's purpose in creating me and giving me HIS life. I had to completely eliminate self-control, the self-LORDSHIP I had been living. By the spiritual abilities I had developed in occult meditation I was able to project, to cast self-control out of myself, and to enter sincere submission to God. To Him I turned over the whole of HIS life, for He is Glorious God, and I am a mud-man, also Him. And then everything was cool.

Christian submission is almost inadvertent, accidental. There is no training in it. People stumble into it, if they are lucky. The attitude has to be engendered and cultivated. Were to God there was someone in the church who could teach HOW to submit.

1 Comments:

  • Dear Dan,Thank you for taking the time sharing your amazing journey. What is meant for evil, Source always turns it around for the highest good. This i speak from Experience. You know i completely forgot that i even wrote to you, but i was led to your blog again purely by 'chance'. :) You see, months ago i still believed i have to work out my salvation through WORKS, but along the way i have understood that it is through mere solid 'faith in myself' is all that is needed. Works are just evidence of my faith exercised. So they aren't the source where previously i have given much importance to -- because 'I am the source'. Its one thing to write that down but to experience it is another ecstasy. This was the shift in me recently. However i am forever grateful to all the works i did on the outside be it ie meditation etc.. Thats why through practice and practice alone, NG was able to master his imagination. From 1 month to 10 seconds seeing the results in the 3D . He didnt rely anything outside of himself, but in himself alone he did.

    It sounds like the blue room meditation i have done before coupled with Yoga Nidra style of relaxation :) Only this time i have learned to subdue the first man who always doubts and gives me the facts of life and reasons, and bring him to my submission. Much i have gained since i last wrote,its almost like i quantum leaped, and i am very excited to experiencing life fully aware and alive and i wish the same for you. Keep up the great work and all the best Dan.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home