The Becoming God

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Living With The Liver: Use What God You Can

David Christopher Lane said in a comment on his essay, Why I Meditate (Sept 8, 2015):


"Thank you Robert for your comment. Clearly, the pleasure of being arises within a larger context, even if one were to limit it to simply the infusing local environment we are living in. In a very real sense, we are being 'lived' by something much larger than ourselves..... even if our interpretations about that ultimately means vary."

"Lived by something much larger than ourselves," says the evolutionist.

I have been reading some of the essays linked to Professor Lane's website and am impressed by 1) how brilliant people obfuscate the simple things they are trying to say by using vocabulary that only college graduates can understand; and 2) that David finds room for being "lived" by something much larger than ourselves within the confines of Darwinist evolution.

Because I have been searching for a secular meditation technique and Lane has maintained his secular views while expanding spiritually in his, I am quite attracted to the technique he has settled on: surat shabd yoga. I think, though, if I should engage in such a technique, I would amend it with assumption. I am not a yogi, not even a practitioner of meditation at the moment (I did practice formerly), but all techniques were invented or discovered and developed, and if it gets me to God (Life/imagination) I am going to use the God I find there, for he says not only, "Come to Me," He says, "The Word is in thine mouth that thou mayest DO it." I'ma comin' Lord, I'ma comin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home