The Becoming God

Friday, May 12, 2017

Magnetic Compass of Experience

I believe there is a "magnetic" quality to experience that acts as a compass theologically. I have many times heard that we should not base our theology on experience, but if our experience does not align with theology, why even have the theology? For example, I have encountered demons, have even cast them out of myself, and like many other Christians have studied much about them; but my experience with them has indicated that they are not what they purport to be. They are real, but not like our fantasy. They appear to be active facets of consciousness, and their monstrous qualities illustrative communication (God's way of expressing disfavor, along with allowing ruin).

It was my real-life experience with a demon that led me to Christ, because if it was real, then he must be also. It was utterly convincing, and indicative of which way I was going. (Thanks, God, for the note.) I accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior in a small, Pentecostal fellowship because I then believed the Bible was true, but the guy next to be went cosmic in tongues, pointing me toward more. THEN I was attacked with temptations in my ignorance--bad direction--THEN, repenting, baptized in the Holy Spirit--good direction.

I had the EXPERIENCE of seeing Jesus crucified and hearing him speak to me AUDIBLY. In my imagination, but real nevertheless. I WATCHED my shorter arm grow out a scant half-inch or so, but I WATCHED it--physically right there in front of my face. And, of course, I have had the unpleasant fruits of failure--experiences brought about by being unlike God in character and doing what I was not supposed to do (or not doing what I was supposed to do). All these point directions, toward or away, like a compass.

This tells me there is a real world there, wherein real forces push for and against the one purpose of a Creator, and the whole is CONSCIOUSNESS. IMAGINATION. Even the physical is subject to spirit--consciousness. That is why we pray for healing--wholeness is conceptual, based on BELIEF--and checking my compass gives me belief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home