The Becoming God

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

On What I Think We Are And What Happens When We Die

As I said in my original post, https://imagicworldview.blogspot.com/2015/06/i-think-neville-goddard-mis-stated-what.html,  take what I or anyone else says on this topic with a grain of salt. In that post's comment section, Jennifer stated her understanding of Neville's to be that when we "die," we restore to a younger version of ourselves in this life and segue into an alternate future from decisions made at that point. My words, her plausibility.

It is time for me to wax philosophic. When you look in the mirror you see . . . what? Yourself? Hardly. You are an invisible spirit riding an island of mud comprised of unnumbered beings: cells, bacteria, parasites, vermin, organisms being born, living their lives, and dying as "you." "I" am a community of beings. They make demands on me. When they are hungry, I eat. What they are hungry for, I eat. When they are tired, I rest. When they can't go on, I die. I have little reason to believe that the life in them is in any way different from the life that is me; i.e., we all are the imagining of the Ineffable Most High, except "I" as a human am a compilation of them. This reminds me very much of Neville's vision of Christ in "The Ultimate Sense" (06-20-1969), where from a distance Christ appeared to be one man, but up close "a multitude of nations." (As was the Messiah of first century Israel the then spiritually-anointed people.)

I also have no reason to not believe that we brain-enharbored spirits have not been generated and developed from the likes of these beings over the eons of time that we have existed. I have no problem with my having been germs and plants and sea creatures, etc., throughout my tenure as the consciousness of God. This life is just my latest gig. Our latest gig. Perhaps this is a good reason to be kind to animals.

You might notice a duality of natures here: the human's composite nature and the imposing spirit/consciousness who has flipped into its identity. I am the only one I have ever heard of who believes we "flip" from being aware of being God's consciousness to imagining we are the human's consciousness, and thus "become" the human. We adopt the body of mud and community by mistaking ourselves to be it. I only entertain this outlandish idea because I went through the process in my imagination in the event of my baptism in the Holy Spirit. God showed me this is how 'I' became me, so I believe it. So there are we spirits and all the entities who comprise our human bodies.

When we "die," we necessarily leave the body and reenter the realm of consciousness we came from. I accept the testimony of those who have died and come back that it is we as God again who judge our lives. It only takes us a second because we know it all. It is entirely possible (but highly unlikely) that we would return to a point in the life we have just lived and judged to live part of it over again--a do-over. I think it more likely that our self-judgment would determine where in accountability (beginning in our twenties) we detoured the worse and aim to live through that situation differently in an entirely new life experience--a chance to accomplish and surpass.

Part of what confuses all this is the fact that the galaxy we are riding in is traveling through space in excess of one million miles per hour. Also the earth is spinning, orbiting the sun, and the whole solar system is orbiting the galactic center. To go back to that time of being twenty-something means going back to that place we were, too. Not that there is any distance in imagination; Neville's understanding intimates that the three-dimensional concrete reality does not actually exist, but is TOTALLY IMAGINED: "Consciousness is the only reality." I personally like the idea that the Ineffable's intelligence has actually become three-dimensional, physical matter and that we enter and leave its experience facilitation. If, on the other hand, its knock-ouch hardness is totally illusionary, then Neville is right. But I believe that if we are not ready to graduate to the higher existence of heaven (constant, non-corporal mind), we flip again to reenter this dimension's reality as fresh born kids. Incarnated in babies.

Which still entails what the Bible calls hell, hades, the grave. Yes, NoThanx, born again to this grave (or some other terrestrial sphere) where the wailing child finds a life of affliction--the gnashing of teeth. Unless he or she catches on and repents and lives a noble, spirit-led life unto the graduation from this grave. The futility of this life is an effective goad. Take the hint and pursue the spirit and the Christ-life. Do what you can to graduate.

Oh. Wait. What is this idea? Do what you can to bring about the full Manifestation of the Becoming God. Isn't that what this is all about? Seek ye first the Kingdom, the Manifestation? "Your Kingdom must be being restored"? Keep all the Law to bring about the Manifestation. Live in the Spirit, evangelize, teach, preach . . . to bring about the Manifestation. Hmmm. Seems to fit everywhere. Answers better what he means by "Have mercy on God." Must write more on this.

1 Comments:

  • ..." aim to live through that situation differently in a new life experience." This still sounds like reliving the same experiences over and over.

    What's a "noble spirit-led life"? Who determines that? What is "the spirit"? What is the "Christ-life"? I'm barely keeping my head above water just getting *through* life. Don't want to do this again..........

    Is "graduating" what Neville called "the Promise"? According to him we can do nothing to make that come any faster. It's God's choosing. Like a thief in the night... or something.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home