The Becoming God

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Continuing With Anonymous (From Simona Rich Got Saved)

Rather than continue using the comments section of my post "Simona Rich Got Saved, Baptized With the Holy Ghost" (http://imagicworldview.blogspot.com/2017/04/simona-rich-got-saved-baptized-with.html ) for a dialogue with Anonymous, I am making the latest comment and my response a post:


Dan, thank you for wishing me well. I receive that to the best of my ability. May it be so.

Not that you care, or that your shingle says "psychotherapist," but I can at this moment articulate a "block," and perhaps other readers - anonymouses - who've had this same trouble can commiserate, or who've overcome this same "block" can illuminate.

Neville gives many examples of his own causative imagining where he "slept there." When he wanted out of the army, he slept each night in his apartment in NYC. When he wanted to go to Barbados, he slept there, in his mother's house. He gives an example in Assumptions Harden Into Fact: "I can stand here and place myself in London. Knowing London quite well, I can close my eyes and assume that I am actually standing in London. If I remain within this state long enough, I will be able to surround myself with the environment of London as though it were a solid, concrete, objective fact."

"Knowing London quite well....."

What all of these examples have in common in he's manifesting experiences he's ALREADY had. Places he has ALREADY been. Things he ALREADY knows. Which explains WHY he is able to "make there here" or "here, there" so easily. How does one go about appropriating a state they desire to experience but are unfamiliar with? What does one do if they want to experience something they have never experienced? Go somewhere they've never been? Etc?

He gives, what I see as, two or three very different means of going about it. All of which he expresses as if it is THE WAY to do it. On the one hand he says to distill the fulfilled desire down to a single action that you repeat over and over before sleep. I've tried this and find it laborsome. I end up straining to keep my attention on the act of "doing" the action with sensory vividness, and I really don't "feel" anything in terms of what it's supposed to imply.

On the other hand, he goes to sleep in Barbados, goes to sleep in his NYC apartment, etc... which is more a state of *being* than a repetitive action done over and over until sleep ensues. This technique seems to make more sense to me. Ok, so I can imagine this night that I'm sleeping in my childhood room... because I'm familiar with it, because I slept there for years. But I cannot imagine going to sleep someplace I've never been, though I may desire to be there. How do you go someplace you've never been? How do you feel something you've never felt? If I could DO that, I wouldn't being trying to manifest it; I'd BE there already!

I think this is why my circumstances never change. Try as I may.. and I DO try each night, I can't seem to sleep anywhere but where I ALREADY am. I keep churning out more of the same and I can't seem to get control of it. It's so frustrating! Neville said he didn't use the Law all the time BECAUSE he was generally happy with his life as it was. He used it in moments of "crisis" as he put it--when he wanted to shift something. Well, that's great for him, but I'm not generally happy. How do I get me to a place of contentment so I can ride the wave of out-picturing more of it?

This comment is all really just a way of me expressing. I know no one has answers.
______________________________________

Dear Anonymous,

What I really want to talk about is Dr. Frank C. Laubach's book Prayer: the Mightiest Force in the World (New York: Fleming H. Revell Company, 1946). Laubach was a Protestant missionary mystic. He pretty much reads just like Neville, but more literal-historical. The world right after World War II was a horrendous mess. Almost as bad as right now. Laubach started the world-wide literacy movement (which still continues, which is why his books are not in the public domain), and was an advocate for a world-wide prayer movement among Christians. I have most of his books, my most prized possessions in my library (it took me seven years to find a copy of Channels of Spiritual Power).

The first third of Prayer goes over why we need to pray and who to pray for. Then to the half he explains how prayer helps God by changing man, and then he goes over prayer experiments. Laubach strongly believed in a sort of mental telepathy, that our brains and/or bodies broadcast and receive information from each other, from everyone and all at once. That we are all of the same imagining mind is just another way of looking at it. His application of the Law is to pray for people, to bless them, to get them telepathically to listen to what God is trying to tell them. Neville had his technique, and it is good, but God has a big tackle box. Jairus' daughter was dying. He sought for years to heal her. His own machinations were of no use. Then he heard of and called in Jesus: "If I can but touch the hem of his garment" . . . and she was healed. "She" was simply what he wanted to do.

Curious, how do you know what you want if you cannot imagine it? Bill, Neville's wife, was at sixes and sevens with her boss and argued with him constantly in her mind. How could she think of him speaking courteously and constructively? Well, she'd had the experience elsewhere. Imagine that feeling . . . with him. A guy wanted a better job he had never done. "Become as familiar as you can with what you would do if the job was yours, and imagine doing it." Freedom had never seen the bum "in need of nothing," but he could immediately (with effort!) represent that impression upon himself regarding that man. Bring Jesus in: "A little help, please." If you cannot imagine it, talk to him about it. The Law is the nature of God, not that we have to follow a certain technique.

Between Neville, Maxwell Maltz, Laubach and Jesus (Who does have the answers), I don't see how you can't but win.

2 Comments:

  • In various replies, you have said to "pray and ask God" or "talk to Jesus" but how do I do that if "Jesus" is a state, and prayer is imagining with sensory vividness and belief? You wrote, "Pray. You need power to apply happiness to your life. Ask God for that, and accept that you have RECEIVED it." To "ask for" is to imagine, to go there in imagination, to be there NOW... so now, I have to imagine that I am able to imagine that which I am unable to imagine?

    Why do I want to experience something I cannot imagine? Because I can see that others experiencing it are having a good time, and I'd like to feel happy too.

    I think I'm a lost cause. And no, I'm not a lost cause *because* I think that. Rather, I think that because the evidence of my life shows me that.

    I sincerely thank you for all of the time you have spent replying to me.

    Maybe God buried himself in man in order to have a body (bodies), a vehicle through which to experience everything. And maybe some of us just have the unfortunate job of experiencing the pain. I realize that you can't understand that because you're not one of those unfortunate. If we have more than one life, I hope my next one is better.

    I enjoy reading your blog, though a lot of it is over my head.









    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 AM  

  • I do not believe you were brought up in Lutheran and Charismatic churches and cannot imagine Jesus. As for imagining what you desire but have not experienced, you have certainly had a happy moment at some point in your life: won a game, got a good hug, swooned in a kiss, got a pat on the back and an 'atta-boy' or 'atta-girl'. Remember that feeling and associate it with what you want and enjoy the two. Thankfully.

    By the evidence of all our lives we all would be lost causes. Jethro/Jesus is evidence that we are more than this, and that we are not stuck in any one state. I believe we are all of the same Source Imagination, a rather remarkable Creature. If you cannot imagine something, imagine It imagining it. Your mind is Its mind, and certainly that Being can imagine YOUR mind imagining what you want. Sorry to keep flipping around, but all this--everything--is one Thing: the Manifestation of the No-thing. Step back and take a look. Really remarkable, eh?

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home