The Becoming God

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

The Greek in Mark 11: 24 says to TAKE What You Desire

My last post led me to pull out my old, yellowed copy of F. F. Bosworth's Christ the Healer, the Christian book on healing (link to pdf). It was there I noticed 1st Corinthians 3: 6, which I mentioned in the last paragraph. (I love listening to Bosworth, too, especially "Be Ye Doers of the Word.") I noticed on page 161 in my copy of the book (pages 172, 156 in the copies linked above) that the word 'receive' in Mark 11:24 means literally to 'TAKE' in the Greek (emphasis in the original):


"GOD'S TIME IS NOW

"The work of the "imperishable seed" is supernatural, because it is God alone who makes the seed grow. Seeds often produce their wonderful results the same day they are planted. God's promises are for today; His time is always today. "Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts" (Heb. 4:7). If you delay the acceptance of God's promises, you may not be alive tomorrow. The promises of God belong to us today, and we are not sure of them any other time. The only way to be sure of God's promised blessings is to accept His time; and we read in 2 Corinthians 6:2, "Behold now is the accepted time." Since now is the time God accepts, we should accept it as our time. He commands us to hear His voice "today," and says "Harden not your hearts" by waiting. In Mark 11:24, Jesus said "Believe that ye receive" (literally "TAKE"). When? "now," "when ye pray." Faith says, before the answer is manifested, "Father, I thank Thee that Thou hast heard me." When you cannot see or feel, say, "This is the time to trust." The results are not to be manifested until after we believe our prayer is heard and continue to believe. Say to God: "Thou art now working in response to my faith; I count on thy faithfulness." The matter passes out of our hands into God's hands the moment we make a definite committal of it to God. Paul said, "He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him." But God does not promise to keep anything that is not committed to Him.

"This is the way to receive everything God has promised to us. Were the gifts of God for soul and body merely promised gifts, we would have to wait for the Promiser to fulfill His promises. The responsibility would be on Him. But all of God's blessings are offered gifts as well as promised, and therefore need to be accepted. The responsibility for their transfer is ours. This clears God of all responsibility for any failure."


(Personally, I found it easier to read the second half of Christ the Healer first. The last third, actually. God's Garden, then the second third starting in the section "When You Pray, not Afterwards," because these deal more with technique. The first third is logic and the meanings of words, etc.)

I found it interesting, anyway, that the Greek New Testament translates the word in Mark 11:24 as 'take.' When you pray, TAKE IT. Accept your conjured imagining as a gift and say, "Thank You."

3 Comments:

  • If the key is Faith - "believe that ye receive" - then is "imagining" a scene even necessary? What about just asking, by making a declaration of something.. "Thank you Father for _______"? Some people use affirmations to impress the Subconscious Mind (which is what Neville called "the Father"). Do you suppose that produces results?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:11 AM  

  • I would not know how to ask without imagining what I was asking for, nor how to affirm what is not imagined. I am certain that asking for and affirming what is imagined has been producing results for ages. Causative imagining is the bread and butter of the fraud that is the "Law of Attraction." Without the Law of Assumption the LOA would not exist. Results are God's knock on our heads saying, "Yes, I am here. Come along, now."

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 4:31 PM  

  • I just wonder because I recall the Bible saying "let the weak say I am strong" and so forth, and that sounds like an affirmation to me. I'm not talking about LOA; I know that's BS :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home