The Becoming God

Thursday, February 09, 2017

Sometime Reader Someone Responds

Dan,

Your question about my "Relationship with the Lord" sounds exactly like church-y Christianity. If I AM "God buried in Man," then I am God... then how can I have a relationship with "myself," and how can I turn over the wheel to myself? Are we the operant power or not? Is there a god outside of you, steering your ship? If God knows what's best for us but only does so if we relinquish control, that to me sounds no different than the Christianity I despised and left -- people "praying" (hoping, begging) for a miracle, a healing, a whatever, and then giving "God" an out by adding the "if it is Your will" clause. There's so much suffering in the world, Dan. So much. For myself, I suffer from anxiety. I did not ask for it. I did not ask for what happened to me. And I sure as heck didn't imagine it. I have spent a long time being angry at God for my life, and for all the pain suffered by maaaaaany people.

Sincerely,

Someone
___________________________________________________________

Someone,

You are absolutely correct, you are God and you are Jesus Christ, but you are not fully aware of being either, are you? That is because you are also a mud-man. There is a wonderful continuity connecting God with us so that we are one, but there is also some kind of filter on our end himward. THAT part of God beyond our consciousness is fully conscious of being God and of our inclusion in him, and THIS part of God which we are has given itself to amnesia for a purpose and cannot see our Godhood. We are unconscious of our inherent talents. There is the greater mass of God beyond the reaches of our consciousness with whom we can have a relationship: the sent with the sender. Yes, he is us, but what is our relationship with him? Cooperative, loving, honoring, or not? I am him in this mud, and when I realized that he is Glorious God and I am limited to this mud, I said in effect, "I am going to trust you with the control and direction of this life," and cast self-control and self-determination out of myself. He said in effect, "Cool, I've got it," and caught me before I hit the ground. I have never regretted surrendering to the utmost  to him. He is not another; he is just the me I do not know.

Why was it, Someone, that last night I decided to lift out my notebook of Neville's 1970 lectures? I decided at five o'clock in the morning (!) to begin reading them. I only got to page four of "What is Truth?," when I was excited to find that in it he retells and explains his vision from "Unless I Go Away." It obviously happened last night so that I could refer you to it this morning. Okay, this afternoon. Invisible orchestration of compulsions -- that is how it works, Someone. Forget church: what is your relationship with the infinite, invisible, ineffable guy who does that?

May I suggest you read page four of "What is Truth?" God is the sunflowers, and they are us/we are them learning what they do not yet know. The amnesia we have is to facilitate that learning. The suffering and horror is God's alone -- we are not independent of being him -- and we serve him by teaching his sunflower part (manifest here in amnesia) what we who listen and learn learn from him. Oneness is a hard thing to figure out when there seems to be so many different components. From the head of the Ineffable Source to the toe of quantum particles, It is all one really big guy. This is a program and a process to generate Its manifestation to its full potential as his image. Not a twin, but a full and mature emanation of the Ineffable Being. He is growing. In Genesis 1 he said (imagined) what he was going to do and be. He filled out his plan and set his goal, and it was beautiful. It is beautiful. That Genesis 1 man is who we are becoming. THAT END was predetermined from before page one. We are that planned man in potential -- he is the potential which we shall fulfill. You can congratulate yourself on that even now. In fact, I recommend that you do.

Neville taught believing. Faith. Because faith is what God-beyond-us is doing. Faith that we are him, and that believing in faith is what he does. We do not like the suffering of ourselves or of others, so we teach believing -- faith -- to reveal him. Not many people read my posts, but it is going all around the world. Bit by bit, line upon line, here a little and there a little. It is a God-ordained movement -- the movement of his own being. I hope to change people, not establish a religion. You have a great purpose in life, and quite frankly you do not have time to be bothered with anxieties. It is not a state you want to stay in. Try believing that you are happy. If you believe you are happy (and loving), then you are. That is from Maxwell Maltz's Psycho-Cybernetics (1960. Engelwood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, Inc.), a worthwhile read if you have the time. You can probably ask the used bookstore to pay you to take a copy.

I am sorry for your suffering from anxiety. You are right, I really cannot at this point empathize, though at one time I might have. We grow and change, and forget emotions and fears we have had. You seem a tender flower; I wish you were made of stouter stuff. That is your decision to make. Once I had to give the twelve o'clock reports to the captain during his lunch with all the other officers present. I could hardly get it out. Reflecting on my fear later, though, I realized that I didn't even like those guys and did not care what they thought of me. I walked in to their lunch with a swagger the next time. I kept in mind that the captain was sitting and I was talking down to him. Not rudely, but full of confidence. They had to sit there, and I could walk in and out. 1969 on the USS Renshaw, DD499, Pearl Harbor.

Read my bit about Krishnamurti, posted last night. We think things in our mind because of our conditioning. God seems a monster because of our experience-built worldview. That is an immature judgment. Is he really like that? The monstrous suffering we go through is due to our own ignorance. It isn't like he isn't trying to wake us up and straighten things out; it is we don't avail ourselves to his real word and listen accurately. The church is listening wrongly: the Word is symbolic. They have the wrong economy. We seem to be victims of God, but that is because he is us and is not ignorant of his eternal nature though he be in us -- he is not afraid of anything while we are screaming in fear. That is our bad. Our T. A. D. experiences are less than blinks of an eye to the Eternal, if he had eyes. And we could STOP the bad experiences if we woke up to the Godhood of believing in the proper mood. THAT is why we teach.

Psalm 82:6 says clearly that we are God. Elohim. Not judges. God. YHWH is a special feature of God's nature. Covenant relationship. We are the last H. He is the first Y. The first H is his love and desire to provide to us. He really wants to. The W is his power to do it. He wants to give, and can. We want to receive. YHWH is God to us. This pattern is "Lord," the Lord from Heaven, your own, wonderful, human imagination.

Dan Steele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home