The Becoming God

Friday, March 07, 2014

Exodus 34: 7 and 14, the Principle of Devotion.

When I realized that in Exodus 3: 14 God-in-us was saying, "I AM FATHERING ALL THIS BY STRONG IMAGINATION," "God the Father" took on new meaning. For one thing, God isn't some dude out there who fathered us, he is here fathering us right now--his fathering is a constant. 
 
A couple of things Neville Goddard often said also came to mind:

"I AM THAT I AM, that is God's name for ever and ever. He has no other name." Maybe so, but the meaning of those words is, "I FATHER, BY STRONG IMAGINATION IT COMES." Neville has a lecture called Strong Imagination, wherein he mentions and quotes someone who said, "Strong imagination begets the event." Exactly God's point. I wonder if this begetting has anything to do with the genealogies.
 
"A son honors his father and a servant his Lord. If I am the Father, how are you honoring me, and if I am the Lord how are you submitting to me?" (Malachi 1: 6). Though Neville quoted the King James, I have Alexander here. If you buy Alexander's books, he lets you download everything from his web site as a supporter--you might have to ask for supporter privilege via his site's e-mail address.

Because God fathers, he gives, and he expects, devotion. This is the nature of his nature. "If I am the Father, where is mine honor?"

Exodus 34:
  5. And the Lord descended in a cloud and stood with him (Moses, i.e., us) there and called the name (nature!) of the Lord.*
    6. The Lord, then, passed before him, and the Lord declared, "The Lord is Merciful, Gracious, Generous* (note: "flowing") of Spirit -- His Grace and Zeal are bountiful;
    7. "Who safeguards grace for thousands of generations,* who forgives sins and obligations, but who absolutely does not sanctify* [those who sin and fail their duties;] however, He does command the love of parents upon their children and upon their children's children, to the third and fourth generations."


Did you see that?? Alexander just fixed one of the most perplexing passages of scripture. God does NOT punish children for their parents sins; he demands the duty of devotion be done, including the love of parents upon their children, and see the last verse of Malachi.. Devotion is duty God absolutely will not ever forgive the failure of--of filial piety! I think I see Adam running around naked in the garden until he sees the Shining One, his father, "Oh!" and does obeisance. What was Adam doing in the Garden up until then? The blaspheme of the holy spirit--the failure to do one's duty of devotion.

   
8. Moses rushed ahead and fell to the ground and worshipped,
    9. And he said, "If I have found mercy in your eyes, Lord, let my Lord go among us, because this is a stiff-necked nation, so as to forgive us our dereliction of duty, our sins and our intentions."
    10. Thus He said, "Behold, I shall establish a covenant in front of all your people, and differentiate them in so many ways, such as no one has ever done anything like it on earth for anyone among my nations, and the entire nation here shall see that you are the instrument, the servant of the Lord, that what I will perform through you shall be fear-inspiring.
    11. "Guard* what I command you daily; behold the Canaanites, Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hevites and Jebusites lie in ruins before you.*
    12. "Beware that you do not adopt the covenant* of those who occupy* the land you go to, lest they should be an obstacle to you.
    13. "Dig up their altars, break their monuments* and strike down their idols.*
    14. "Do not worship another God, because the Lord's name (nature!) is Devoted,* for He is the God of Devotion.

God's nature is not jealous, it is devotion. 

Thou shalt love the Lord your God . . . who is constantly fathering you and seeding through you . . . and him shall you honor. I think the scripture talks a lot about honoring God, not because he is, but because he is father. Certainly this Father is worthy of honor and devotion.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home