The Becoming God

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Eternity is a long, boring time, unless . . .



Eternity is an incredibly long time. The universe is some 13-16 billion years old, but that is not a second in eternity. Think of billions of billions of years, and groups of those stacked upon each other . . .  and still not a second of eternity. You'd need some kind of TV to watch. A little music. A little . . . some kind of diversion to bide the time.

Seriously, wouldn't you get bored? No one to dance with, no easel. Even if you found yourself to be infinite mind with infinite time to think, what's the point? Unless maybe you have the power to create. "Whoa! What is this? I can make marbles to play with? That should be fun.

"Hmm. I can make the dust on them to live. That should be fun to watch. I'll make them like me when I was little and make them to grow up to be me. I'll come back to myself that way. I'll call it "The God Challenge." Let's see how they like them apples.

"Dang! Every time I make a dust to live it's me. I just blow right out of it. Oh! I know; I'll tone myself down by forgetting that I am me. I'll think that I am just the dust for a while, 'til I get settled. 

Just the dust. Just the dust. Just the dust. What is this? Where am I? What am I? I'm seeing. I'm breathing. What the . . . ? What am I doing that for? What is that I feel? I feel? Oh, wow! I feel. It's going to get dark, cold. I don't think I am going to like the feeling of that. I had better find some place I can use for shelter, find some firewood. And something to eat. I need to eat. What the heck does food look like?"

How long would it take the creator, completely ignorant of what he was and knowing nothing, to figuring out that there is a God, . . . and then find God, . . and then become God again? How long would it take for a civilization to produce a man who could learn enough about God and code to encode God in divine math?

Why is it taking us so long just to understand what already has been given?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home