The Becoming God

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Subject-to Manifestation of Conscious Compulsion: Being Compelled by OTHERS' Assumptions

Neville Goddard defended his wife when she was caught shoplifting. He had not been able to find her to serve her divorce papers. Their marriage had been a sham, and he now wanted to marry another woman. Called to the court for her hearing, he explained that she had been COMPELLED to shoplift, something she would not normally do, to get her found (my words, his meaning). To thank him for his defense, she signed the papers. Her life was affected by his expectation. THAT IS GOING ON ALL THE TIME IN OUR LIVES.

Neville had an "anchor" tooth. His dentist thought to himself, “This tooth will last thirteen years." Said Neville in The Secret of Imagination (6-21-1971), "It was thirteen years. Had he only said, 'twenty-five,' but he didn’t think I would live that long! So, thirteen years - out came that anchor tooth, and therefore a complete restructure of my entire mouth. He set it in motion. Whether he remembers or not, he said, 'This is going to last thirteen years.' He didn’t tell me; he didn’t have to tell me. That was his imaginal act. I was only the victim of his creative power."

We often are at a loss to explain the things that happen to us, or why we do a thing. As we ALL are God, others' natural expectations manifest by compelling OUR world, because they do not know this is a conscious-caused world. Their thoughts affect us, for we are one.

E.g., you want your son and daughter to behave, but they are compelled by the expectations of society -- UNLESS we supersede those expectations. What we fear will come upon us (Job 3:25) unless we do the compelling. "Christianity" is living a conscious-based life with Christ, the Anointing of YHWH, presently localized as YOU.

Evolution is compelled alteration. The iguana assumes it can swim. It gets in the water with expectation. The body becomes COMPELLED to change. This isn't from an outside agency, a distant God exerting effort. It is from the inside: conscious compulsion.

You can read below how one man, a television scriptwriter, learned to compel others in this Reddit transcript:

ziggyjulius

Cool! This really reminds me of a great story from the lecture Our Real Belief (14:45 from beginning) where a TV scriptwriter gets his producer to speak various phrases to him by imagining them in advance:

He said, “When I met my producer three years ago, he was a very subdued and reserved sort of a gentleman. Reserved,” he said, “would be the right word to use to describe him, very reserved, so unlike the volatile enthusiast with whom I formerly worked. He was very reserved, in fact, he couldn’t express the superlative in any way. In fact, his greatest praise was the word ‘good.’ You brought in a script and he would accept the script, and his highest praise was ‘Good.’

“Well, I thought, I’m going to change this. So I lay on the bed and I heard him say to me, ‘Great, just great!’ Now, I hadn’t started the script. I had just given him a script and he had pronounced the script ‘Good.’ I am now doing this on the next script, and I heard him distinctly. I went over and over in my audio setup as it were, so I heard him inwardly pronounce the new script as ‘Great, just great!’ And while I am lying there the phone rings...I haven’t started the script...the phone is ringing and it’s the producer. He is telling me that the script that he had formerly pronounced ‘Good’ was ‘Great, just great!’ Well, then he threw me a curve, because that’s not what I expected. It was about the new script which I had not even started. So he not only threw me this curve, but someone had their lines crossed. So, right there I kept on now working a new, I would say, line for him to use, and I changed it from ‘Great, just great!’ to ‘Terrific!’ So here I am, I only heard one word, ‘It is terrific!’ Well, I submitted the script and that’s exactly the word he used when he said to me, ‘It’s terrific!’ and with the same enthusiasm that matched my imagining.

“Now I said to myself, two months later… every script I presented within two months it was either ‘Great, just great!’ or ‘Terrific!’ He didn’t go back to ‘Good’ anymore. I said, now, I’m going to experiment again. So this time I’m going to make him say, ‘Absolutely sensational!’ So I heard him say ‘Absolutely sensational!’ ” Then he said to me, “What the hell, if you’re praising yourself, why not get the best! So I’m doing it to myself, anyway, so why be modest about it? I’m doing the whole thing because he’s only echoing it. So I said, ‘Absolutely sensational!’ So I finished the script, took the script into him, and he pronounced it ‘Good.’ ” He said, “I almost fell out of the chair. It was not the role that I had written for him,” and he said, “You know how authors hate ad-libbing.”

I know what that means in the theatrical world. When the author writes a play and some actor thinks he knows more than the author, and he changes the script and he ad-libs, or maybe he forgets his lines and if he is smart enough he can throw a few words in, and he ad-libs. But, no matter how smart he thinks he is he doesn’t flatter the author. The author feels he knows better than any actor what should be there at that moment. And so, he said in his letter, “You know how authors hate ad-libbing. So what could I do? The script had to be cut; so he gave me back the script to cut a certain portion of it. I took the script home, did all the cutting, and then mailed it to him. And I mailed it as a petulant child. I didn’t even revise what he had said. But the very next day he calls and he said to me on the wire, ‘It’s absolutely sensational!”

Now, this is a point I want you to pay strict attention to. He said, “You know, my experience with the producer disturbed me, greatly disturbed me. To hear or to occasionally think about this isn’t so bad.” By that he meant you’ll hear that “All that you behold, though it appears without, it is within, in your Imagination, of which this world of mortality is but a shadow.” Well, to hear that and to occasionally think about it isn’t too bad, but when it seeps in and takes hold of you and goes deeper, and you realize that it’s true! That that producer, who is so important in the production of this great series, who is spending such fortunes—he has it to spend, he allows it, he knows what he’s doing, he’s been successful, been running three years—and yet he had to actually utter the words that this writer is writing for him. And when he met him he was so reserved he never used any superlative and could never bring himself to praise a thing beyond the word “Good.” And he raised him from “Good” to “Great, just great!”, “Terrific!”, “Absolutely sensational!” That’s an enormous accomplishment in anyone’s vocabulary when he began as a most reserved party. So when the individual writer now sees what he did with a man, he said, “You know, it distressed me. It distressed me for the simple reason I had to remake my world only as I remake myself; only as I could remake myself could I in any way remake the world...and what an undertaking!”

level 2
beckinny

That’s such a great story! Thanks for sharing! Definitely sounds similar to my experience yesterday, it’s so crazy in a way when you really think about it... how we can totally control what comes out of other people’s mouths to match what we are hoping to hear! Simply with the power of our thoughts. Man, Neville was such a genius. ☺️
_______________________________________

Finding he could compel his producer, he compelled his cat to stop tearing up the living room rug.

We DO constantly remake our worlds by the power of our thoughts, and we may have our worlds inadvertently and unintentionally remade by ourselves and others when we do not "think on these things" ("those things that are true, modest, righteous, pure, merciful, praiseworthy, and those acts of glorification and virtue -- that is what you shall advocate" -- Philippians 4:8 Alexander). Say that for whatever reason, perhaps for your rejecting them, someone rejects you or something you love. You do not want to leave the relationship, but the law is that what is rejected will leave, so eventually out you go, they compelled by you, and you compelled by them. Be careful what you think, and be careful of what they think. Don't let yourself be yanked around. Be undertaking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home