The Becoming God

Monday, February 27, 2023

Two Ends in the One and the Season of Grace

What is the Season of Grace? I borrowed the term from something I think I saw written by Victor N. Alexander. I have never been able to find it again, but the basic idea is that the seventy weeks of years of the Daniel chapter 9 serve as a snapshot of the history of Israel, Israel being an everyman of humanity. If I may illustrate: you have had life experiences up until now, and you will have an end. Today, though, I present you a play depicting your whole life from beginning to end. Interestingly, the play has two ends. In one, Daniel 9:24, Jesus died in your stead, was buried, rose from the dead, and ascended to the right of God WITH YOU, if you believe, rendering you the righteousness of God (you want to be in that boat). The other end is Daniel 9:26-27--evacuation, killing, and desolation for you, the enemy of God (a good boat to miss).

At the end of the play, Jesus read from the Scroll of Isaiah: "The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord" (Isaiah 61:1-2a KJV). "The acceptable year of the Lord" could be your end. The rest of the verse 2, "and the day of vengeance of our God," could be your end, too. It was the end for those who rejected Christ. Both ends are going to happen. It is your choice which one will be yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home