The Becoming God

Saturday, October 01, 2022

The Jesus Frame Of Mind

From J. B. Phillips Your God Is Too Small (1961 N.Y.: The Macmillan Company p. 105 [p. 76 of 92 in linked pdf]) we get that the sin against the Holy Spirit is a combination of one's refusal to recognize the truth (of the oneness of the All) and refusal to allow the heart to love because of it. As in "there is no monetary value in sentiment" (from the movie "We're No Angels"). The truth of the oneness of the All is what Jesus refers to (in my opinion) in Thomas 5, "Know what is in thy sight" (Guillaumont). It is the truth which sets us free. "Do not lie" to yourself about the oneness; "and do not do the things you hate" (even in imagination), "for all things are manifest before Heaven" -- and YOU will be making bad things happen.

The Jesus frame of mind is "I am making it all. I am its cause, its creator. It is all up to me." With humility and surrender to the Father we are. Yes, that is weird, but it is what the All is.

So be careful what you think and say and do. Watch what you sing, what fills your mind when you are not really thinking--your idle thoughts and words. Method actors often wind up living their roles. Blues singers often have blue lives. The violent receive violence. Paul and Ringo seem to be having a pretty good time.

PS: Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Siti said she made her own artwork "Your God Is Too Small" sign to put where she will see it and remind herself, "Your God is still too small."

Correction from Siti:
Dan, Regarding your latest post of October 1. Just want to let you know that I do not have a sign hanging anywhere that says “Your God Is Too Small”-- must be someone else. I do, however, have a sign that says, “The Lord’s Portion", taken from Deuteronomy 10:9 and 32:9. It was what my dad wanted...a sign with those words on it...so I made him one. Good article!

Siti
______________________

Siti,

"Jacob (man's inner man, the imagination) is the lot* of His inheritance" (Deuteronomy 32:9b, parenthesis mine; * Bullinger's note: lot = line. Fig. Metonymy (of Cause), because the inheritance was allotted by a cord or line). Your father was way ahead of us, as he knew the package we are of.

And thanks.

Dan Steele

PS: It was Cheryl, back in October of 2021, who said, "Good Morning Dan, I am going to take you up on your suggestion to make a sign and place at eye level "My God is too small."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home