The Becoming God

Saturday, October 30, 2021

My Key to Bible Study: Aggressively DISPROVE What You Have Proved and "Believe,” Keep What You Cannot Disprove

Cheryl Craig asked for suggestions on how to study the Bible. God reminded me of one of my main principles (see title above) by allowing me to "prove" to myself the two essays I posted last night, October 29th, 2021: "Matthew 7:23 - The Coming Fire and What Christians are Saved From," and "The Fire of Second Peter: the Depraved's Dissolution of Being, of Both Man and Mirroring Manifestations." Perhaps you read them here yesterday. Forget them. While I was away from any way to correct my madness, He showed me where and how I was wrong. Awk! Getting home, I quickly reread my sources and put the posts back into draft for major rewriting.

Where I was wrong was in seeing the Fire of Dissolution as a singular historical event with physical consequence -- the literal-historical view of the church. Neville Goddard (in "Eschatology - The Doctrine Of The End") and Scripture say that the Fire and its effect is individual and an ongoing PSYCHOLOGICAL event. In my initial epiphany I had seen a point in time when God would eliminate from existence, even from His memory, all the depraved and profane population of earth who refused to repent.

Dingbat, that had been ME when I asked Jesus for the gift of tongues in Hololulu, Hawaii, in 1975. The Fire was He REJECTED me, and I had to scramble in my imagination to get myself accepted. Ultimately, my old life was consumed. THAT is what we get saved from, our old life - ignorance and the sin it causes, not the Fire. You WANT the Fire if you merit it. DO NOT MISS THIS DEATH IF YOU DO!! It is your cleansing from sin and your regeneration.

I will try to rework the miswritten posts. I said in the first that the scariest verse in the Bible is Matthew 7:23, "And then I will declare to them that, 'I never knew you, go away from me, workers of abomination'" (Alexander). Now to me it is the most hopeful, for that is virtually what He said to me when He rejected me in Honolulu. He wouldn't touch me with a ten-foot pole, for while I had "accepted" that He was truly the Son of God, I was still depraved and profane in my inner man.

In the second post, I copied most of 2 Peter chapters 2 and 3, proving that the Fire of the Day of the Lord was coming. Of course, it IS for those who have not yet been through it. Peter was warning believers who HAD been though it to not be deceived by false prophets who would get them to need to go through it AGAIN:

"While you hold the vigil to the coming of the Day of God, by Whom the heavens WERE endowed and yet melted by fire, and the elements were burned AND YET A HOLOCAUST. The new heavens, then, and the new earth, WE HOLD ONTO THEM as His Kingdom, those of us in whom righteousness abides" (2 Peter 3:12-13 Alexander, emphasis mine).

The lesson I learn: Build your proofs, and then DISprove them before you open your big fat mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home