The Becoming God

Friday, September 17, 2021

A Comment By grlpeterson About Bill Donahue

Received September 17, 2021 from grlpeterson  (minimal editing mine):

I used to say to anyone who cared that "all religion, practiced rightly, leads any of us to the same heart of God." I learned during my NDE (near-death experience) that the difference is what we do with what we're taught. You can't only be a worshiper. I don't think any God or Lord of any shape or size or ilk would want worship as much as they would want us to do all we are able to do to practice the ways that lead to the best for the world.

Another thing I learned when that happened is that the Bible is mainly allegorical. I'd never really read it before then, just picked out passages I appreciated. I always thought it weird that I learned that when I'd never really looked at the Bible. I have in the last few years picked it up more and more though, and I feel I get alot more out of it by reading it as an allegory than otherwise. If I want to believe the stories are true as well within it, that's fine, but there's so much more truth in its pages than our simple beliefs of the tales within.

I suppose having found Bill Donahue's videos within the last week and watching several of them felt like some sort of verification, although I don't see everything he says as the flat out truth. I think that no matter what we see, do, or study, there are so many angles from which we can approach any of these things. We should certainly use as many angles to complete our knowledge as much as possible. I may look at God and Jesus a bit differently now, but I have more of an appreciation of my Father and Savior than I did, as well as a greater understanding of the workings of God's Universe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home