The Becoming God

Monday, September 13, 2021

Siti Endorses Victor Alexander's Translations from the Ancient Aramaic

Siti asked me which of Victor Alexander's translations she should get first, the Old Testament Scriptures or the New Testament. I recommended she get the New Testament, Genesis, and Exodus, as they are to me essential. They also are smaller, lighter, and easier to handle than Vic's Old Testament Scriptures, which is pretty big and stiff (but alas the only way to get Qohlet, his translation of Ecclesiastes). Also, the individual Book of Genesis has valuable commentaries in the back that are not in the Old Testament Scriptures.

Siti followed my recommendation and also got the Book of Isaiah. Being a good reader of my blog and the Scriptures, she sent me this:

Dan

I had God's Love, Light and Life on my mind throughout the day yesterday. Perhaps it was because I came across your article What is God? Love, Light and Life-force. I thought about those three aspects on my 30 minute drive to lunch. Then I had a wonderful 1 1/2 hour conversation with people where I strongly felt His presence with His Love, Light, and Life permeating through conversation so much that it was obvious that the two people at table did not want to end the conversations...their faces were alive and lit!!

The Alexander Books of Genesis, Exodus, Isaiah and N.T. really bring change in perception and perspectives on how and what people worship and who their god is. These books have become best friends!

Siti

_________________________________

I personally endorse Victor Alexander's translations from the Ancient Aramaic because I am certain they are the closest thing we can get to an idiomatic English version of what the first century Church from Jesus Christ was reading and thinking without actually learning the Aramaic language as native speakers ourselves. Why make it hard for the Holy Spirit to teach us? The other English versions screw up our heads so badly it is almost impossible for God to straighten us out. Not that He can't, but it is OUR choice. Yes, Alexander's translations are more expensive, but just what do you truly value? I think Siti has chosen well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home