The Becoming God

Friday, July 30, 2021

Heading For Healing 27: Find What God Confirms With Signs, Wonders, and Healing

You want healing, I want healing. We see, hear about, and receive healings. Are we absolutely powerless to bring about healing? Hardly.

"They then went out, and preached every place, and the Lord helped them and began filling them with (miraculous) signs that they performed" (Mark 16:20 Alexander, parenthesis mine).

They brought about healing by going out, and by preaching. God confirmed their preaching. We want that confirmation. What did they preach? What words did God confirm by miraculous signs? They preached largely that God loved man. Loves man. That the Hope had come and the Reward for believers was available. That despite man's faults, God had compassion and forgave him. Had forgiven him. That Jesus had died for him, taking man's faults away from him.

They brought about healings - signs and wonders - by knowing the heart of Jesus, by believing in and speaking him. They preached that though he was the Manifestation of God's essence, he submitted to the shedding of his blood for joy, the joy of forgiving us, filling us with his spirit, and giving us peace in our submission.

"Come to me, all you mourners and carriers of burdens, and I shall give you peace. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, as I am peaceful and gentle of heart, and you shall find peace in your souls. For my yoke is pleasant and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30 Alexander).

I have to admit that when Jesus spoke to me audibly in a vision, he said, "Come unto Me," as in Scofield's Authorized King James's Version":

"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

I am reminded of T. L. Osborn confronted with the poor of war-torn Uganda (pick this up at 4:55). All he could preach was God's love for them. And God confirmed his words of love with healings everywhere. Branham, Bosworth, Osborn - the message that healed was God's love and Christ's sacrifice. One thing, really. Take God's love - he died for you - to heart. For He says to you, "Live!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home