The Becoming God

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

The Gift of Tongues: a Genuine Experience

When the living waters rose in my bowels and their sensation reached my throat, it was not I who spoke in tongues; it was the Holy Spirit. Or Jesus by the Holy Spirit.

I had asked Jesus for the gift of tongues, and got nothing. I was rejected. Crushed, I sought acceptance. Shown by Jesus the error of my ways, I repented, and was ultimately accepted. Overwhelmed with gratitude, praise, and adoration, the sensation of a living water was felt rising in my lower torso. The flooding sensation rose up my bowels to my throat. It wasn't just exciting emotionally; it was exciting physically. My jaw, lips, and tongue started to quiver. "Don't try to control it," said the minister whose hand was upon me. I didn't. With absolutely NO control exercised by me, the electrifying, flooding sensation rose still higher and then spoke through my mouth. I did not consciously move my mouth. I did not try to form any words or contort my lips in any way which would become words. My breath, voice modulation and projection--everything about speaking was controlled by that living water. It took control and did its speaking using me. I simply observed, though my heart, mind, and emotions were virtually flying with appreciation of God's unspeakable mercy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home