The Becoming God

Thursday, December 05, 2019

Joshua's Comment on "I Think Neville Goddard Mis-stated What Happens When We Come Back to Life, er, Death"

I am four years late to this thread. My name is Joshua. I found the above posts of the lady's experience very interesting (Barbie has eight rather exceptional posts in the comments section). The first thought that came to my mind when reading all the dark, frightening demon parts was 2 Timothy 1:7 - For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

I came from a deeply religious background. I was raised in the western Christian church. As an adult I have studied many religions, nearly converted to Judaism, studied the teachings of Hermes Trismegistus, The Universal Laws, including the Law of Attraction, and read every book and article on spirituality I could get my hands on from best sellers to obscure papers. Every step of my journey was leading somewhere, though I could not see it at the time. When I found Neville, through the author, Mike Dooley, I realized my path had been leading to this point. I have devoured Neville's teachings, listening to hours of audios, reading his books and even learning from teachers who are fellow students of Neville's.

As a person who has studied the Bible my entire life and previously had questions that not one person in the church could ever answer satisfactorily, Neville's teachings struck both my heart and mind with truth. All I had been seeking, all I had been longing for I had been slowly learning without realizing. Neville's teachings took all the puzzle pieces of truth I had accumulated in my life through all my seeking of God and put them together in a beautiful picture. I believe my studies and near conversion to Judaism made my acceptance of Neville's teachings much easier for me than if I had just found his teachings after leaving the church. In fact, I told my wife that if I had found Neville's teachings 5 years ago, I would have probably scoffed. I had a journey to go on and it led me here.

The theme of fear of Satan/devil/evil is very common among Christian friends and family of mine. Almost anything unknown is feared by much of the world it seems. This seems to be true of religion, ethnicity, culture, nationality. Neville shows how all of that is just your conscious awareness. If you are consciously aware of being afraid of anything, then that is what you will be. I confess I have never had visions such as many on these and other threads following Neville have claimed to have had. What I can say is that Neville's teachings resonate with me as truth and thus far they have proven themselves in my life. If anyone reads this, I hope that they will not discard Neville's teachings without first giving the Imagination techniques he teaches a try. If you read/enjoy/believe the Bible, know that Neville loved the Bible and his scripture teachings are sound biblical doctrine.
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself -- but again as 2 Timothy says: God has not given us the spirit of fear...

By Blogger Unknown, at 6:34 AM
__________________________________________________

Hello, Joshua.

Thank you for writing. My blogs' comment sections do not usually become threads. It did in this case because I was mistaken in what I thought Neville had said. Jennifer Ynacay corrected me in her comment on I Think Neville Goddard Mis-stated What Happens When We Come Back to Life, er, Death:

“Hello. I am a Neville scholar as well. The way I understood Neville's explanation of what happens when we "die," is that we return to a younger version of our own self. We return to a time when we were young and healthy and continue forward from there. We do this until we awaken to The Promise.” —Jennifer

Of course, I am no Neville scholar. I fared no better in On What I Think We Are And What Happens When We Die. I think Jennifer is correct understanding Neville to say that the tracks of our lives extend like limbs from a common root. Did I hear somebody say, “Burning bush”?

An aside regarding demons, Joshua, Barbie might have been raised in a religious family who imagined God to be separate from creation, and ourselves vulnerability to Ignorance's violence. It—the “devil”—really is there, as of course Consciousness is. It is just the ignorant part of consciousness.

Personally, my first spiritual experience was meeting a demon face-to-face during an occult-type meditation in Honolulu. In my “guided” imagination it was approaching my mind as a glowing figure--Jesus, the real ascended master who had taught disciples in the first century. What he taught had been corrupted by leaders of the church who could neither understand nor teach what he taught because they themselves were unspiritual. So he was coming to teach me personally. Except just before I let him into my mind, I could suddenly see through the light glowing from spirit into its own being, which was all darkness within.

The light emanating from it was a just facade. Three things were immediately apparent to me: 1) The figure was a deceiving spirit who had long influenced me to where I would allow it to possess my mind; 2) It needed me to lower my natural authority over it, because it was of below the earth, and I was of the earth; and 3) Someone ABOVE my authority needed neither my nor the demon's permission to affect us. That Someone was fully conscious of what was going on in my mind and had allowed both of us to get where we were for His purpose, and though I had gained whatever abilities that Someone wanted me to have, I WAS STILL GOING THE WRONG WAY. Obviously, I was being given a choice: Repent and believe what the Bible says about that Someone with unlimited power to affect all below Him, or ...? And from that meditation I bailed.

We believe that what the Bible says is true, but the Bible doesn't say the truth like we expect. Learn this, O Readers: Life is a language. God is speaking to us through it. Situations and events are the language of God. Learn His vocabulary. You are waiting for a voice, but the situation you are in is His speaking. We know His nature from the biblical situations and events (it would be a real good idea to read the Bible). Now, here are your situations and events. Listen. What He says, have faith in and do. Barbie was learning this language, and God bless her.

By the way, Joshua, when I saw that it was a demon approaching me, I wasn't frightened at all. Well, maybe a little apprehensive about letting it progress. I just thought, "Well, this poor fellow has thought he was playing me along all this time for his own harvest, when in all actuality he was just doing the will of the Fellow who opened my eyes for His harvest. The demon gets nothing." I saw that I was naturally above the demon in authority, so I just wrote it off. When the Believer realizes his or her position in Christ, the Milta manifest in Jesus (the two are one, and we’re in them), and that whatever illness or infirmity is caused by Ignorance, the Devil BELOW the Believer, he or she can shuck the devil’s effects just as they shuck the devil: “You have nothing in me.”

Thanks again for writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home