The Becoming God

Thursday, December 05, 2019

Heading For Healing 4: Personal Purpose, Demonstrative Healings

I am turning to healing for my own purpose. I want people to have faith. The anchor of my faith is my own healing. My arm grew out just over half an inch (about one and a quarter cm), a small bit, but I watched it happen. I have had other healings and miracles, but they were not visible. Personally, I can see my thoughts being manifested in my life (I wish I'd think better thoughts), which are indeed miracles, but no one else can see.

The neat thing about miracle healings is they demonstrate God's presence and power. You see it, and you believe. Sadly, you are not likely to receive miracle healing unless you already do believe. I will call this the T. L. Osborn method. Dr. Osborn saw Jesus as clearly as you or I would see each other. He saw Jesus figuratively in the words of the Bible, and he saw through a man Jesus healing to destroy the works of Satan. These chinched it for him: he'd BELIEVE the Bible and DO what it says to bring people to saving faith and healing. He had no audible commission, no feeling of anointing, no reception of a gift. Knowing that Jesus is real, Osborn just BELIEVED the words of the Bible and ACTED on them.

The Osborns' technique is valuable to learn. They would have all the Christians in an area called to a venue open to unbelievers. They'd preach the Gospel, and a confession of belief would be offered. Believers would be visibly and demonstrably healed. The next day, the unbelievers who had seen the miracles now believed, confessed their faith, and were healed.

T. L. Osborn's book, Healing the Sick, and E. W. Kenyon's book, Jesus the Healer, state that multitudes, thousands of people have been healed while reading them. GOD IS NOT STINGY IN HEALING. He doesn't even get royalties. He just wants to get things right. My friend and neighbor Janet Gunther got right with God in her personal devotion time, and He healed her. I got right with God one time and merely thought the words, "You can heal me," and He did THAT INSTANT.

T. L. Osborn in Healing the Sick highly recommends Kenyon's In His Presence, Jesus the Healer, Two Kinds of Faith, and Two Kinds of Knowledge.

There is no distance to God. He's the one who is trying to get this done. Healing is his way of saying, "Yes, this is the right way," when we do get it right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home