The Becoming God

Saturday, July 27, 2019

Happy Days of UN-missed Opportunities

I posted a few notes about missed opportunities still haunting me. What if I hadn't missed them? What would it be like if those opportunities were not missed but taken advantage of? If loss had been gain? If I had known that school was an opportunity afforded me, and I applied myself to study? If I had understood prayer and Christianity? If I had attended Neville's classes in San Francisco when I heard of him? If I had kept valuable coins found? If I had cultivated talents and friendships, kept properties inherited, and had not had, in general, my head up you know where?

Happy days. That is what it would be like. To have the potentials played out favorably instead of frittered away, it would be happy days. Can I FEEL that? Yes. Maybe this has something to do with the admonition to redeem the time. I can live feeling as if I have what I would have FOR REAL if I had turned right instead of stupid. This presents HABIT to the subconscious, and repentance and faith to God. There isn't a cutoff for the rise of opportunity in one's life: YHWH is a perpetual beneficence machine. We just have to un what we have been. and be what we were supposed to do. Or is that do what we were supposed to be.

If nothing else, as Maxwell Maltz said in Psycho-Cybernetics, if you think you are happy, you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home