The Becoming God

Saturday, June 08, 2019

The Magic Ingredient to Magic

I received a letter from "Raj" regarding, I suppose, "manifestation":

Hi,
Read your blog. I've read and listened to Neville. Lindell is amazing. But I need help in really getting things done. It's hard to see things going otherwise when you were very clear about what you wanted. And in some cases the time is what is the actual trouble. Say when you want a certain sum of money and you can't say how much time it will actually take till you have it in hand. I'm in a place where I don't really want to desire anything more, but I cannot let go of what I know. Something is missing that I feel will put me back in life. If there is some material or any help you could provide, I would be grateful.

Regards,
Raj
________________________________

Dear Raj,

Thank you for writing. The truth is there is something or someone Almighty and All-powerful, invisible, omniscient, and omnipresent who is benevolent toward us. Enough to have died for us and loved us when we did not deserve it. There is an incredible awkwardness in our relationship with this invisible being. It became us, and we are It, It loves us and wants the best for us, which is our becoming It. We want what we think is best for ourselves, and It has a higher wisdom and greater aims for us, so It wants better things. We do not recognize the better things It wants for us as being better. The awkwardness is in our expecting It to jump through hoops for us and do tricks giving us what we think is best, while It OWNS us.

Advaita Vedanta should not be a foreign idea to you. Its truths humble us and put us in a mind that is grateful and dependent. Neville said, “Prayer is praise; it is thanksgiving.” When you desire, you must also enter the feeling of having RECEIVED what you desired. As you have received it, you are thankful and praise God happily for it. This goes with SURRENDER to God for His doing it any which way he chooses to do it. Time is His constraint, not yours. Once you know Him, you trust Him, and rejoice continuously. I know Him as Jesus, YHWH’s involvement among people. However you know Him, submit and rejoice with praise and thanksgiving, because It, or He, is real.

Sincerely,
Dan Steele
_________________________________

Hi Dan,
Thanks for writing back. I agree to everything you have explained. I am from a biblical background too, so these ideas are not hard for me to accept. I'm happy all the more. The power that praise has and the confidence and conviction that comes through gratitude or being thankful is undeniable. I have experienced it more than once.

But when you put it the way you put it about our relationship with God, Who is us, Yet to get into the awakening of the fact. What we desire and what God desires for us could be different, or need not be. I find myself not able to accept that God would have a different desire for us. But rather it is God giving us the desire that we have. So we could be confident about it without having to worry if we are in the right path. I want to push forward in the knowing.

Raj
___________________________________

Raj,

Here is a link to a post of links. I think we need to cut our confidence in God intending and working all things together for our good loose from the fulfillment of our desires. As (we are) His, things do not necessarily go our way. That we are known of Him is enough.

Dan
__________________________________

Raj,

I should have reminded you earlier that “you can have anything you want as long as you don’t want it.” Desiring what you don’t have creates exactly that. You have to fool blind Isaac into believing you HAVE/ARE what you are not . . . yet. After wrestling with imagination and holding onto the font of life, you meet your flesh as the face of God. Or so the Bible seems to say.

Dan Steele
__________________________________

Dan,
That is so profound, I have to read it so many times till it gets in me. I am happy for the wisdom to be able to put it in words again like that. Thank You!! I still couldn't fully get the whole part into my system. But that is what I am after. So if it takes time for it, it is worth the time. I was reminded of this verse again as I read your mail. As Neville explains it too.

"Your words were found, and I ate them, And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; For I am called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16.

Thank you and best regards,
Raj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home