The Becoming God

Friday, April 20, 2018

I Cannot De-convert: I MUST Go On -- Keep On Keeping On!!

Last week I discovered several videos on YouTube from people who have "de-converted" from Christianity. I did not know there was such a word as 'deconvert.' The majority of these videos are testimonies by people who had a mistaken notion, just as I once had, of what Christianity is. They thought that having been raised in the church, asking Jesus into their hearts, believing in God and accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior, being a Christian minister, a Sunday School teacher, missionary, or whatever, and ascribing to Christian doctrines, made them a Christian. But they had never actually been spiritually converted into being Christians by the baptism in the Holy Spirit. Accepting a set of doctrines, even with all sincerity of heart, is not conversion. In 1975, I personally found that it is one thing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and another for your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to accept YOU. Regardless of what the scriptures say seemingly to the contrary, when I first converted God wouldn't touch me with a ten-foot pole.

The fact that God rejected me pushed me to discover and overcome what blocked my acceptability. In my case, I was holding onto self-lordship. I had given myself to God as his peer: if I did not like what he did with me, I was going take myself back. I was disrespectful of him and he utterly rejected me for it. He recognized it; I didn't. He took the time to show it to me through an illustrative dream, and when I had discovered it, repented, and found an attitude of true submission, he accepted me and filled me with his Holy Spirit. However, even the baptism in the Holy Spirit could conceivably be the effects of adrenalin and/or endorphins due the emotional rollercoaster I was on in my mind.

Were the ecstatic euphoria of the baptism all the spiritual evidence I ever experienced, I might be able to write off this "spiritual" evidence as chemistry -- just a different sort of drugs. The same might be said of Jesus' speaking to me audibly in the nervous system of my brain, and of being slain in the spirit. But when Charles Hunter asked Jesus to make everyone's limbs the right length, I WATCHED my arm, which I was holding very still, grow out about four or five eighths of an inch -- at the instant that Charles asked Jesus. My hyper-extended back was healed at the instant the elders at Christian Chapel asked Jesus to let their hands be his hands. My shoulder pain was healed the instant I said to the Ineffable's intelligence which makes us, "You can heal me." My friend Janet Gunther was healed of tuberculosis the instant God, before whom she worshiped in her mind, said to her, "You are healed."

There is evidence which demands a verdict that God is a powerful, hearing consciousness, and that evidence is signs and wonders. Recently I have been a student of Neville Goddard, from whom I learned that the Bible is symbolic, psychological, and illustrative. God is one, and that one includes EVERYTHING. Hear THAT, O Israel. What God is doing, we are doing, because we are him, and just as he is creating his world by his imagination, we are creating our worlds by our imaginations. WHEN YOU CAN SEE THIS, YOUR WORLD BECOMES A RUNNING MIRACLE.

I cannot de-convert; the EXPERIENCE of God talks me out of it! It is like he never shuts up, not that I would want him to. This is not the experience of most of the church, the pastors of which have never SPIRITUALLY converted unto God. The reason is that they have a dualistic God and an external Savior -- NEITHER OF WHOM ACTUALLY EXIST. This is the fruit of misinterpreting mistranslated false scriptures using an incorrect method which allows for conversion by the acceptance of doctrine. They have erred themselves into a corner and cannot hear God. Fear of transgressing a false "orthodoxy" keeps them from even considering the truth. I am so sorry for their ignorance of the correct methods of interpretation and of more accurate translations of better texts. Until the church turns around and actually becomes Christian itself, people are just going to continue leaving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home