The Becoming God

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

The Healing Congregation

What is it with healings in meetings? I hurt my back in Honolulu, and wasn't healed until I got back to my congregation in Walnut, California. My shorter arm grew out a bit when Charles Hunter prayed for many at Melodyland Christian Center. Many attend evangelistic crusades and healing services and do get healed. What is it about a bunch of us getting together?

I have been healed on my own, alone. Janet was healed of tuberculosis while alone. Well, we really weren't alone; we knew we were in the presence of God. Is that what is happening in healing meetings? Watch T. L. Osborn campaigns on Youtube.com. He tells sick believers and unbelievers alike that God is powerful and here, and they get healed. Deaf hear, blind see, lame walk. Kathryn Kuhlman absolutely basked in the presence of the Holy Spirit. He is always here. Why did the people only get healed in the congressional meeting? Is it that group perception makes the presence tangible?

God does not need group faith. He doesn't need to show off. I think there may be something educational about it. Maybe it is illustrative. "Y'all get together in one accord and there is healing in it. An automatic corrective. A manifestation." Our lives alone are sufficient in living faith, but what they are short of may be found in the living body. God sure is weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home