The Becoming God

Thursday, June 08, 2017

In Memory of Dr. Rely Hines

Rely Hines has long passed from this earth, but he still inspires me. The last time I saw him, he was teaching The Abundant Life at a Presbyterian church near Pearl City on Oahu, Hawaii, not far from Pearl Harbor where I was stationed in the Navy. He had been my Biblical Theology professor at Melodyland School of Theology in Anaheim, California. If I had not learned Biblical Theology from him, as opposed to just the Systematic Theology and Christian Doctrine that was otherwise offered, I probably would not be writing this blog to you now.

I remember the zeal with which Rely taught The Abundant Life. It was his life, the underlying theme of all he taught; he taught in earnest and with enthusiasm. The Abundant Life was known to Moses as "Jethro." Jethro means "His jutting-over-the-brim super-abundance" (you won't find that in any course on Systematic Theology or Christian Doctrine; this is BIBLICAL theology). Moses (actually our inner germ of the Gospel) wanted to know how to have the Abundant Life. God informed him, "It comes from Me."

Well, actually he said (according to Alexander's translation of Exodus 3:14 from the ancient Aramaic), "Ahiyeh Ashur hiyeh," which means, "I am the Source, the Creative Power from which it comes. This is what you will say to the Children of Israel, 'The Source has sent me over to you (that you might have the Abundant Life, also).'"

Ahiyeh: It is my intent that becomes; i.e., I am The Source
Ashur: The Creative Power: the Consciousness (Imagination) of the Ineffable, of which
hiyeh: It (Jethro/The Abundant Life) becomes

Sent over, Rely Hines did everything he could to get the Life of Abundance into people's minds. I cannot remember, of course, all the things he said, but I remember the life Rely lived: constant praise and worship honoring God with thanksgiving and gratitude in the Holy Spirit. He read passages of scripture out loud during meals. All affection to God. Ministry and counseling to people.

The Father is the Source of the Mother from whom the Abundant Life comes, so to get the Abundant Life, go to Him. What a great guide Dr. Rely Hines life has been to me. Thank you, Rely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home