The Becoming God

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Neville Goddard and God's Catalytic Crisis

Not a doctrine here, but an interesting observation, I think. Anonymous mentioned in my April 23 post that Neville did not always use the Law because he was generally satisfied with things the way they were. Said she:

"I keep churning out more of the same, and I can't seem to get control of it. Neville said he didn't use the Law all the time BECAUSE he was generally happy with his life as it was. He used it in moments of "crisis" as he put it--when he wanted to shift something. Well, that's great for him, but I'm not generally happy. How do I get me to a place of contentment so I can ride the wave of out-picturing to more of it?"

My observation is that crisis is catalytic to the operation of the Law. I do not know if this is intentional or incidental. The last ship before the holidays was coming up, and Neville had to get more intense. The last ship that would make his May meetings made him focus clearly. Jacob's mad brother was coming, so Jacob wrestled with the Man. Crisis makes for imperative, solidifies cause--an abstract need becomes a fact, a stone that can rock your world UNLESS you shift it.

The Ineffable desired form and entered a concentration to create that form, to real-ize it. Maybe our focus in crisis is more akin to that concentration. For us, desperation drives intensity, clarity, focus, and singleness of mind. The Day of YHWH is time of terror, despair, and VISITATION.

Think of the way you focus in a state of desperation, when chips are down in a crisis. When it is do or die. I know students who let themselves get right up to the deadline before they get busy on their assignments. But when they HAVE TO get it done, they are focused like razors are sharp and do their finest. They don't sleep, but the papers are on time. Urgency is tonic. Learn of God and be desperate in your love of Him. Be desperate in your work for Him. Be desperately happy. Idle effort does not pay much; heartfelt, urgent desire does. It is desire and clarity of focus that work, not effort. The Big Guy said, "You shall find Me when you search for Me with your whole heart." Well, I guess maybe it is a doctrine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home