The Becoming God

Thursday, March 30, 2017

The Bible is a Success Manual Unto What? A Venting

I find quite a bit of tension in writing this blog. I admit to feeling dismay and discomfort. Dissettlement: people aren't getting it. Not the blog, but in manifesting. Oh, I will slog through, for I see that this is the process God has arranged. History is replete with examples, premier among them the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, which while it may not have happened as described, what did happen is still the premier historic example of missing the boat (the Jewish leadership rejected the Anointing of the Holy Spirit occurring among their people, and the nation was destroyed).

My problem is that I am already a baptized in the Holy Spirit tongue-speaking Pentecostal who sees God behind every fulfilled imagining, and I am dealing with people who only see manifestation as a process wherein they can possibly get whatever they want. I encourage people to practice the law because it is biblical and effective, and because when it works they have evidence of God's wisdom and power. But people only want to know. . . how do I get things?

It is like they are hypnotized or something. Here is demonstrated proof of the presence and power of God, and they are like, "Cool. I want a motorbike next." Huh? Hellooo? And then there are the Law of Attraction advocates saying the agency is just a neutral force in the universe, nonjudgmental and nonpersonal vibration. Sure talks a lot for a vibration who is "nonpersonal." Oh, yeah, you have to be willing to listen to hear.

God is a guy with a purpose. Himself is his purpose, that he may become more and better manifest than he already is. Jethro is our interest. Jethro is, in my opinion, success in all the blessings of God's abundance. If that is ticking in in your life . . . from whence does it come?

Bill Donahue said in one of his videos that one of the reasons he left his Charismatic church ministry was that the people who fell under the power of the spirit (called "slain in the spirit") were just as messed up when they got up as they were when they went down. Maybe not quite, Bill. Now they had evidence that God was real and there. It may take time to sink in -- a lot of rock is not porous -- eventually God may find a crack to get through.

As a Pentecostal I have been slain in the spirit. I have had people fall when I touched them. I have been healed and know people who have been healed. I cannot imagine experiencing miraculous demonstrations of God's power without becoming conscious of Him. Yet, is this interest in the law and manifesting leading people into the baptism in the Holy Spirit? Neville repeatedly encountered God. He experienced ecstasy and being fused with Love, a Man who was Love. In his late lecture "Imagination" (7/14/1969), Neville flew into the moon only to find the cheapest -- cheap beyond measure -- clay items being sold to tourists. If you are going to shoot for the moon, don't be a tourist.

4 Comments:

  • Dear Dan,
    Christ told us in John 6:29 ..."This is the work of God, that you should believe in him who he has sent." The Law of Attraction practiced without true belief manifested amazing material things, relationships, and experiences for me. But true peace, lasting joy and healing did not come until I did the work of belief. We are all at different stages in life. Some are born wise, and some do not gain wisdom until they leave their earthly bodies. I believe the greatest gift we can give our fellow traveler on this planet is to see them as whole. To see them as their loving Father sees them. Emanating this from our eyes, thoughts and words might be the the ultimate light that sets them on the path to true revelation, joy and peace.
    Christ said that none of his would be lost (John 6:39.) They will all get there eventually.
    Much love,
    Suzanne

    By Anonymous Suzanne, at 9:35 AM  

  • Hi Dan,
    Some of us do get it.
    I have visited all of the blogs/Facebook groups/etc you have mentioned on here, and every time I too despair at the "how to manifest money" posts, the barrage of materialistic, shallow, often nonsensical aspirations... Then I catch myself and remember I have a beam in my eye. I think of Neville and his brother Victor who only dreamt of riches and success, and wanted it all in "the world of Ceasar". And how Neville was perfectly cool with it.
    Then I come back to The Becoming God and I know exactly what I'm coming back. I'm coming back for the transcendence, because I am interested in HE who is ALIVE beyond the thin fabric of this cubic world. And I do learn a lot from this place.Please keep doing what you are doing, Dan. It is useful, essential work.

    By Anonymous Marek, at 1:42 PM  

  • Yes, we all have beams in our eyes, and like I said to Suzanne I preach to myself. Be Nice meant to pay me a nice compliment, I think, suggesting my knowledge is special or exceptional. I just know how far below the norm we are living -- I am living. If you think there is anything special about me, I'll introduce you to my wife. But let's keep reaching. Neville started preaching in the 1930's. We don't pick him up until 1948. After he experienced the Promise it was all he wanted to talk about to anyone day or night. It didn't fly, of course. IT DOESN'T FOR GOD, EITHER. In the Bible and the church it is still about temporal blessings, else no one would pay any attention. I think Neville just gave up his anxiousness about the Promise because he saw its eternal inevitability. You want a billion dollars? As long as it does not violate the Golden Rule it is as a worthless clay saucer. It means nothing until you perceive that you got it from God. Then it is priceless.

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 12:11 AM  

  • Hi Dan,
    Not everyone wants a motorbike. Some want a loving spouse and family like you have. In fact, all desires whether one judges them to be "shallow" or "nonsensical" (Marek) all boil down to the desire to FEEL something good. To FEEL better than one does. We are stuck in these bodies and everyone wants to FEEL good -- whether they think the thrill of a motorbike, or the embrace of a spouse, or whatever money can buy will deliver that good feeling. We're all after feeling something. All of us. You too. Even those religious Christians you (and I too) used to know. The idea of spending an afterlife in Paradise makes them feel hope, loved, secure, etc. I would venture to say even those figures the world deems saintly (e.g. Mother Teresa) lived their lives in a way that made them FEEL something good.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home