The Becoming God

Friday, February 03, 2017

The Name of God and the Real Key to Everything

People discover all the time from the Bible, Moses' Success Manual, that God's name is powerful, that it is to be known and used. "Oh my goodness," they think, "What is his name?" Search the Internet and you will find thousands (and I do mean real thousands) of essays and articles and books and videos and lectures and teachings on what the name of God is and how it is to be pronounced. Wonderful. Now you know the pronunciation of the name of God in ancient Hebrew.

I ask you to consider the name of God as his nature, as himself, actually. I am presently kicking myself because I cannot find my reference for the meaning of shem, the Hebrew word for name, to include nature. A name is the nature of a thing. I thought I had read it in Strong's, but I do not find it there. Regardless, I did read it somewhere and have thought much about it. Open your Strong's or Englishman's or whatever concordance you use and read name as nature. Go through the whole list; look up the passages; put them in context. They are talking about the nature of God. God's nature. What he is. What God's "name" is is his nature. His nature is the definition of his name, and of himself! Break it down. What does God's name mean? What it really means is his real nature. THAT is what is powerful!

I am of the mind that the meaning of God's name is God's Breath. I.e., spirit, consciousness. God's "breath" is HIS -- THE INEFFABLE'S -- IMAGINATION! By his imagination he created all of Creation. By his imagination he became us. By his imagination he heals us. By his imagination WE shall do great things. By imagination he orchestrates all things. We call upon his imagination to save us in time of trouble, for his imagination is power to become what he desires it to be. His imagination has vigor! Strength! Power! And what he IS is what he made us out of.

By all means, learn the name of God, learn the nature of God, and learn to imagine well. We are the Ineffable Most High imagining Itself as individuals, individuals who shall be Its full and complete Manifestation. THAT much has already been determined. How we get to that is, well, somewhat up to us; after all, we are individuals. We use his imagination to choose the road. I suggest being a gentleman or a lady, noble, generous, kind, caring, loving, patient, clean and helpful. Dress nicely, speak well, be courteous, study hard, be honest, play fair. And teach. Share the Gospel that God's imagination is ours and is powerful to provide if used properly.

4 Comments:

  • So then, "thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain" becomes "thou shalt not take the nature of the Lord thy God in vain." How does one take the nature of God in vain? The man called Revered Ike, who taught Neville's teachings, said taking the name of God in vain is saying "I am" followed by something negative. Would that also be taking God's nature in vain? His premise (and Neville's) being that God's name is "I am." But if the nature of God is imagination, then does that mean imagining something negative is taking God's nature in vain? Isn't everything subjective? "Why, then, 'tis none to you, for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." (Shakespeare). Maybe this question is irrelevant. I honestly don't know anymore, as I find myself overwhelmed with information. (Not your blog; just in general on my search for truth, meaning, and empowerment in my life).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:48 PM  

  • In answer to your first question, YES! How does one "take" God's name, anyway? I say that to take his name is to engage his nature as your own. Visit my posts on Ferrar Fenton's version of the Lord's prayer or Neville's lecture on Standing Orders. God' nature must be being sanctified and his will must be being done. If you take his nature and do not sanctify it and do his will, you have taken it in vain. Makes better sense to me than cussin'.

    If you think something is truly all right, it is not a sin to you. If you think maybe God judges you if you do it, it is a sin to you. I eat pork. I know it is "unclean," but I also know that that is symbolic, and I clean it with high heat till it is well done. Unclean and all foods are clean when received with thanks. Which is right? When we die, I am told, we judge ourselves as to how we have lived and affected others. God judges? Yes, but WE are that judge. Accept that God loves you, and do not cause anyone else to stumble.

    Overwhelmed? Take it easy and lighten up on yourself. Enjoy and rejoice. Love the Lord your God. He loves and HAS ALREADY ACCEPTED YOU. We will get to the Promise by-and-by. Eternity is a really long time -- don't need to rush it. Lighten up and take care of your family.

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 9:52 PM  

  • I don't have a family. Maybe that's why I'm less content than others?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:28 AM  

  • Yes, quite probably. Loneliness and purposelessness can be devastating if one does not get company and social interaction. I hope you have friends and can spend time with people, doing things with and for them. Volunteer and join groups. See everyone as family, but don't be overbearing in neediness. Praying for people is good contact.

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home