The Becoming God

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Restored to Life as a Twenty-something Without a Childhood? I Think Not

I have no doubt that Neville reported accurately what he observed, but I doubt that we are restored to living on a terrestrial sphere as a twenty-something year old immediately after dying from this life as he said. I do not doubt that was his assumption from what he observed, but I think his conclusion was wrong. There are far too many testimonies from people who have died and come back who say otherwise.

For one thing, many say that there is an interlude between lives, during which our "sunflower" selves (see "Unless I go away," http://www.mindserpent.com/library/goddard/audio/neville_goddard_unless_i_go_away.mp3, or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sux5iWH-Vmk) plan what they want to accomplish in these lives. That may be an illustration given to them. Another thing is that when Neville encountered his friends restored in their next lives in their twenties, they would have already have had their childhoods.

I think what was happening is Neville's friends, and possibly we too, had double lives going on. The same "sunflower" mentality could flip into a human consciousness to accomplish whatever it has planned, and making insufficient progress in it flip into another human consciousness to try it as another of the same person. We might already be doing a do-over.

So Jack, Neville's secretary, who died in his fifties, was already living another life when he died and Neville buried him. Half a year later Neville visited the newer re-Jack, and he did not know that Neville had known the first Jack or that the first had died.

From Neville's "Truth, the Word of God" (http://realneville.com/txt/truth_the_word_of_god.htm):

"My wife's oldest sister is a darling. We love and respect each other, but she cannot believe what I teach. Although she believes in the Bible, and calls herself a good Christian, she could not believe me when I said she would not die. That even the little flower which blooms once blooms forever, for I am a God of the living, not the dead.

"Now, Alice would not believe me on this level, so I reached her on another level. In 1948, my secretary, Jack Butler, died quite suddenly. Six or seven months later, fully awake and aware of where I was and what I was doing, I visited Jack. Although he was 50 when he died here, he was a young man in his twenties, there.

"Standing beside me, Alice said, 'You know, I still don't believe what you teach,' and I replied, 'How can you say that when you see Jack here?' 'What does he have to do with it?' she asked. And I replied, 'Don't you remember, Jack died in August of last year.' With that remark Alice's face took on an expression of complete amazement. Knowing I was telling the truth, seeing Jack denied her belief in non-survival.

"Then Jack spoke saying, 'Who's dead?' and I said, 'Jack, you are not dead, but you died. I gave you a good Catholic funeral and your body is buried in a Catholic cemetery.' 'Oh' he said, 'You're stupid. You say I'm not dead but I died. That can't be.' Then I said to Alice, 'Come over here,' and I placed my hand on Jack's thigh and said, 'See, my hand doesn't go through his flesh. It's solid. If I cut him right now he would bleed. He would hurt as you would hurt.'

"With this remark Jack took my hand and slapped it saying, 'Get your hand off me,' just as he would do were he here. You see, there is no transforming power in death, and Jack did not know he had died. Not everyone knows of the transition. Some take years to discover it.

"Although Alice was with me at the time, she didn't remember the incident. If she had, it would have taken on the form of a dream, to her. But, being fully awake, I know exactly what I am doing every moment of time. Today Alice believes in survival, although she doesn't realize that that experience was the beginning of the subtle change in her.

"When you are sent, you will carry the message of the one who sent you. You will tell all who will listen that there is only one body, one spirit, one love who embraces and incorporates the individual into a single body who is the Lord Jesus Christ."

7 Comments:

  • I never understood this whole thing. And still don't. Was this a "vision" he had? Like the restaurant where he suspended animation? It never made sense to me that one would be in a world terrestrial just like this and begin at 20. Then no one has a childhood. Although he said a world terrestrial *just LIKE this* (not this same one).

    And you are saying that right now there may be another version of me (parallel life) that has a different starting point and therefore might be younger, or older? If the re-Jack was 20 when the Jack that died was 50, then re-Jack was born 30 years into Jack's lifetime? Am I confusing myself?? :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:04 PM  

  • Right. It does not make any sense that we are "born" as twenty-year-olds. And it does not appear to have been a vision -- he is quite adamant that he was conscious. Let's not try to make any doctrine or dogma of it. A puzzlement, that's what it is. For myself, though, I believe we are concurrent beings of a great thinker. If God is everybody, why shouldn't "sunflowers" be a number of persons? They constantly do His will, which is to be a multitude. Wasn't some guy to be called Merciful Father, the father of a MULTITUDE?

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 10:14 PM  

  • Hello, Dan

    "[...] fully awake and aware of where I was and what I was doing, I visited Jack."

    Here I think he was talking about an "OBE" (or more like an "interdimensional experience"), and "fully awake and aware of where I was and what I was doing" means it wasn't a mere dream, it was his to explaini the experience to people who were not familiar whith the concept of OBE or lucid dreaming.

    About the whole "being restored to life as a twenty-something", well, first, I don't remember reading he ever saying that would be no childhood, maybe twenty-something is the time when the restoration is complete, according to many (most?) spiritualist beliefs the development of man is divided into seven years periods, each marked by the appearence of a new power or quality, these periods are the birth and coming to completion of the etheric body at the age of seven years, marked by the second dentition, full incarnation of the astral or desire body at fourteen years, marked by puberty, while the mental body which completes the man doesn't come into full activity untill the age of twenty one (the full incarnation of "I").

    Second, have you heard about the Cheating the Ferryman theory? Besides Anthony Peake's there are more old works that touch on this topic and I'm quite sure Neville was aquainted with them, like Ouspensky's A New Model of the Universe, J.W. Dunne's An Experiment with Time and J. B. Priestley's Time Plays.

    By Anonymous Will, at 11:18 PM  

  • Quite a bit to look into and consider. I might respond more, later. Thank you for your comments and references.

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 1:49 AM  

  • Thank you for approving my comment despite the silly typos :D

    If you decide to take a more in-depth look at the concept of Eternal Return (I should've mentioned that along the Cheating the Ferryman theory), I think Anthony Peake's Is There Life After Death? is a good introduction, and for an introduction to Ouspensky's take on the subject there is his wonderful novel Strange Life of Ivan Osokin if you don't mind that genre. For more heavy stuff, there are the works I've already mentioned plus Dunne's The Serial Universe.

    Ah and let me clarify something, I am not claiming to have completely understood what Neville was trying to say or that I'm sure that Neville was certainly speaking about Eternal Return, I just think it's something to consider, take a look (again?) at this really interesting passages from Where Are You From?:

    After citing Eccl. 1:9-11:

    "Well, who would accept that! The conventional view completely denies it, it couldn't possibly be. He is telling me that I have a memory of my youth. I can't quite remember the moment of my physical birth. I vividly remember the moment of my spiritual birth. But he is telling me it has been - that I do know. And everyone here - without memory of that physical birth - they can't deny by observation of other people being born, that they, too, must have been born in a similar manner; so they say it has been. Now he tells me: that which has been done (which is my birth) is that which will be done. That I am moving towards that same thing on a wheel of recurrence, that same thing in this world of Caesar, and only divine mercy can redeem me from the wheel."

    After telling the story of the woman who foresaw the assassination of John F. Kennedy:

    "But everything is here and that bullet in the brain of Kennedy is part of the eternal structure of God's world, and God conceived it. And so is the one who pulled it [the trigger] - God conceived it. And that's a part to be played - and played over and over and over. And man can't quite see the garment, because it doesn't make sense, because he thinks it's here. It isn't here. This is forever, as the play."

    "So when you go through it [trouble], know it has happened and happened and happened, but you have no memory. In some strange way, this lady in ten days, within one block - it so passed from memory that even when the radios began to blare and the TV, and even the weeping and cursing and talking, she is prodding herself to remember a dream. And only when the facts of a paper were placed before her and she saw the green page with the headline: KENNEDY SHOT did the whole thing run into her mind like some photographic plate. And she remembered the intersection where she saw these four papers on a rack, three the normal black and white, and the fourth one the green with this headline; then the struggle with herself as she crossed the intersection which only took two or three seconds. Then all of sudden it rushed into the mind."

    to be continued...

    By Anonymous Will, at 10:08 AM  

  • "The Law - yes. I still say, within the framework of God's grand dream there is another dream - my dream, your dream. And these that have unnumbered experiences - we aren't going to change His dream for us, but we can modify and change within the framework of His dream the things that we will encounter. And if I use the Law wisely I will avoid repetition tomorrow when the wheel turns again. I won't break the foot the next time; I won't have the distorted arm the next time; I won't have anything the next time if now I revise it. So I say: if there is one thing I have been brought into this world to tell you, it is the secret of revision: that if something today is unpleasant, you don't like it, don't let it slip by.
    The Bible speaks of redeeming the time. Every moment, if it is unpleasant, it should be redeemed, because you are going to meet it tomorrow as the wheel turns. So don't let the night descend and catch you with the unredeemed day. Take the day and redeem it. You may produce the results now, in the immediate present. But if you don't redeem it, when the wheel turns because you haven't yet hatched out (or as Blake says, For hatching ripe he breaks the shell,) - but if the shell isn't yet broken by the series of events which detaches you from this wheel of recurrence, then revise the day. So that next time when the wheel comes around you aren't going to relive the unpleasant thing of this moment in time."


    "[...] But I can tell you - through the one thing I have brought to tell you, which is revision - it isn't hopeless. You can, if the day is unpleasant, revise it. And if tomorrow the results are not before you, and the next week and the next month, they are not before you, I know that by your revision you will change the events, when once again you must come to that moment in time. And so you will change the pattern, for the wheel is turning and you can't stop it."

    "[...] You will change it only in one way; if you know the art of revision. But you will change it only to the extent when you reach that point in time - which is forever - you do not encounter (again) what to you was unpleasant. When you encounter that moment in time, it's the completed circle."

    Well, I guess he didn't go into much detail about that subject in other lectures because he had already committed himself to teaching how to interpret the Bible properly, but he was on to something.


    Till next time

    By Anonymous Will, at 10:21 AM  

  • By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home