The Becoming God

Sunday, November 20, 2016

There is the Baptism in the Holy Spirit by a Person: What if that Person . . . is You?

There is the experience to be had of being baptized in the Holy Spirit. This experience is given to you by a person. Anyone who has had this experience knows that you cannot just make it up. It is not coming to faith in God or in Jesus Christ or of your forgiveness by Him, though these are contributing factors. The baptism in the Holy Spirit is given by a person.

For myself, I was waiting for a friend who was praying to receive the gift of tongues at Grace Bible Church in Honolulu, Hawaii. One of the ministers came out and asked me if I had received the gift when I believed, and I wound up kneeling before a folding chair in their fellowship room giving God my tongue and lips. Nothing happened. I went through the whole litany of everything I had and ever hoped to be, giving them to God, and was soundly rejected.

I sought where to go in my giving and entered a trance, searching through a ravine where I came upon a block I could not get past. I had no name for it, but I knew it was what made me unacceptable to God. I could not name it to give it to him, so I sobbed, "I do not know what it is, but whatever it is, I give it to you."

The point I want to make here is that I was in my imagination and speaking to my imagination. And my point in that is that THE GOD WITHIN IS THE GOD WITHOUT! God was in my imagination in that I was thinking about him and talking to him, and God was my imagination, acting upon me. He was not a big, white-light guy in a big chair jillions of miles away acting by remote control; he was Me, straightening me out. 'I' had the power of baptizing with the Holy Spirit, and after I realized and surrendered my rebellion of self-lordship, I--God 'I'--exercised it and filled my being with the Holy Spirit. Me do it? No way! He who is me did it, for he is a person, and that person . . . is me.

So I offer you this: be aware that He is there. There . . . in you! Talk to him. Love and, yes, fear him. Listening to him involves having questions, observing the spontaneous thoughts that come to your mind, and writing them down. This is a do-it-yourself prophet kit! You will have volumes of insights, but first seek the baptism in the Holy Spirit, for you want to go into the Pentecostal world.

See "Mark Virkler: Our Message in 8 Minutes!": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8czdKN4U0hc&t=81s (or, http://www.cwgministries.org/our-message-in-8-minutes, which is commercial)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home