The Becoming God

Thursday, October 06, 2016

Dynamo: Jinns, Demons, or Just the Exercise of What We Are?

In watching videos of Steve Frayne, "Dynamo, Magician Impossible," there are obvious allusions to Christ: walking on water, levitating before Christ the Redeemer and among spires, fish flowing from an empty bucket, provisions given meeting various needs, transfigurations and teleportations, etc. Muslim and Christian commentators conclude Stevie has sold his soul to the Devil and the miracles are the work of demons and jinns. Why are such supernatural acts considered proof of Christ's deity, but of Frayne's jinns?

“Believe [it] that I am in my Father, and my Father is in me; and if not, believe [then] in the works. Amen, amen, I am telling you, that whoever believes in me, these works that I do, they will also do; and that greater than these they will do, [now] that I go to the Father. And whatever you ask through my name, I will do for you, so that the Father is glorified through his Son. And if you ask me in my name, I will do it" (John 14: 11-14; Alexander).

Believe what? That Jesus is the lone Son of God, or that we all are Jesus Christ? Must there be demons involved just because we can't figure out how well practiced and video edited magic tricks are done, or might Frayne be exercising what we actually are -- Christ -- causing his world by faith, an acquisition of causative imagining born through much practice? I am not saying that Frayne is performing miracles, the video illusions are convincing and entertaining (dudes, it's entertainment!), but why do religionists jump to the conclusion that anything beyond their experience and understanding must be demonic? The ignorance of the superstitious never ceases to amaze me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home