The Becoming God

Saturday, February 06, 2016

An E-mail Inquiry From Joe, Who Asked About Witchcraft

-----Original Message-----
From: j
To: imagicworldview
Sent: Fri, Feb 5, 2016 6:04 pm
Subject: Questions


Can you expound on what you think witchcraft to be ?

Also, isn't imagination a faculty of God who is us as opposed to imagination being God? 

Love the blog by the way .. good stuff.

"Wish you insight so you can see for yourself"

Joe
__________________________

Joe,


Thanks for the wish.

In 1975 I had a spiritual experience I believe is called the baptism in the Holy Spirit. I believe the Holy Spirit to be God's consciousness. Before I go further I should explain that I refer to a number of things as God, because they are all the same thing . . . in a way. First there is the Ineffable, the Most High God. The Source of everything. The Jewish mystics believe this is beyond Ein Sof, the endlessness, which is also God. David Cooper has an explanation of this in God is a Verb. I believe that the Ineffable created the God we refer to as God by imagining Itself manifest, which It wasn't, but in imagining Itself finalized in manifestation as Its goal, "God" existed. THAT is what Genesis 1: 1 says. And there is the rub: the finalized goal is established, thus "exists" even if only in imagination, and the matriculated universe has to catch up. We are on the way as God in formation, but are not there yet. Hence, the Bible.

During the baptism in the Holy Spirit I went through a period of preparation. There was the generation of the proper or necessary attitude in me. I have said many times in the blog: "The Kingdom of God has to do with Attitudes." When I understood that I had robbed God of the Life he gave me to use for him, but had used for myself under my self-lordship, I realized that I was guilty of rebellion against him even though I was unaware of it. I do not know if I had ever heard 1 Samuel 15: 23 in my life, but I distinctly heard "rebellion as witchcraft" when I understood my rebellion. That is why I used the term.

I had to refer to my Strong's concordance (compact edition with dictionaries) to find the passage. Certainly you have a Strong's. It is enlightening to read some of the words that accompany 'rebellion': stiff neck, transgression, sedition, a captain, sin, evil, stubborn, perverse, against, bad, and exalt themselves. Having only the slightest background in the occult, I assume the problem with witchcraft is its lack of submission to God -- take your pick which one. The witch wants its way. I am presently working on the idea of Abel. Abel was not a historical third man but is the transitoriness of God. It is a nature, part of the underlying state of God's manifestation. 'Abel' is what Solomon said everything is in the first of Ecclesiastes, "Vanity (Abel), vanity, all is vanity." I.e., everything is transitory. This very much interests me because I have read so many testimonies of people who prayed so earnestly for some thing and finally gave up trying to force it, and abandoned themselves to God's will, to "Whatever you want, O Lord." And suddenly they find themselves on a fast track to what they wanted and better. I think that such abandonment is Noah, the rest in the Lord that is the acceptable substitute for Abel, whom we have "slain" by forgetting that transitoriness is our nature. Witchcraft doesn't rest, hence, is rebellion. And we are all guilty of it.


"Isn't imagination a faculty of God who is us as opposed to imagination being God?"

Both. If I lost you in the verbiage above, it is the Ineffable Most High God who has the faculty of imagination, and that imagination is God. And the imagination that is God has become us that we may become it better than it is. Better? Yes, we are building a better God. God is the Ineffable's imagination, but it is locked into direct, fixed correspondence to the Ineffable's will. That is unlike the Ineffable, which is "sin." We are all guilty of sin, the being unlike the Ineffable. We are here to fulfill the promise of becoming like the Ineffable in freedom. That is what Moses' success manual on prayer is for: we shall be God as God is all in all. Listen to Neville Goddard's lecture "Unless I Go Away" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sux5iWH-Vmk). I have probably listened to it forty or fifty or more times. Morning commute, you know.

Dan Steele


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home