The Becoming God

Friday, February 05, 2016

A Question on the Oneness of God Most High

Anonymous inquires: "Explain the deceiving spirit you mentioned and what happened to give you your realization."

Dear Anonymous,

Wonderful question. I was raised in the Methodist Church, but not necessarily as a Methodist. Church was something we did. More of a social thing. I did not disbelieve spiritual things, but did not see how Methodism was in any way a route to them. In 1967 I graduated from high school, moved to San Francisco to stay with my older sister and look for a job. The influence of the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan and the Doors and many others was to open my mind to Eastern religions and spiritualism. I read a LOT of Edgar Cayce, Jean Dixon, Hindu, Buddhist, Islamic, occult and metaphysics books. People had real testimonies of real experiences. Something was "there," and I set out to find it.

Hence I found myself several weeks into a meditation class in Honolulu. In this meditation we went into our workshops in our subconscious and built a door in the wall. We were to open the door and allow an ascended master to come in and join us. I was not keen on the idea. How was I to be sure the ascended master would leave? I opened the door and peered out at the darkness. There was a ramp or stairs that came down to my right. Down it was coming Jesus, the real one who had taught his disciples spiritual realities he had discovered, but which the unspiritual leaders of the church could neither understand nor do, so they had been lost. He was coming to teach those lessons to me, personally, because I was a sincere seeker like his disciples.

As Jesus was approaching, though, and I was looking intently at him, suddenly I could see past the glow radiating from his surface and right into him. He was spirit, after all, and . . . all darkness within. Hmm. This did not seem right to me. Just as suddenly, my mind was awash with scriptures I remembered. This thing, I realized, needs my permission to enter my mind because it is below me in authority. I am of the earth; it is from below the earth. It did not want me to see it for what it is, but someone who is above me in authority did not need my permission to open my eyes -- and had the power to open them -- because he is above the earth. I also realized that the one above both me and the demon had been watching all along and had allowed the demon to influence me from without along the path to these spiritual exercises for his purposes and was now "harvesting" me before the demon could do any lasting damage. I was graduated.

It did not require for me to be a rocket scientist to figure out that framework for this newfound reality was what the Bible talks about. Now it was my testimony of what I had personally experienced. If believing in Jesus Christ makes you a Christian, I was a convert at that moment, because I had just MET him. Of course I closed the door in my workshop in the demon's face and opened my eyes to await making a gracious exit. My mind was going a mile a minute. That used to be fast. I got back to my pickup truck I was living in (it was illegal in Hawaii, but I didn't know that when I went) and found my old Bible from, yes, my Methodist days. The concordance for 'deceive' directed me to Revelation 12: 7-12. The next day I met my mother's best friend Lynn, who had a horrible migraine from reading all the Jesus books my mother had sent her by the dome light in her taxi while awaiting fares. She had just said to a testifying friend in the most flippant manner, "Jesus gave my this headache, and he can have it!" And he took it. She couldn't make her head hurt! The friend had taken her to the House of Praise, and that night she took me. Rest in peace, Lynn.

So I wound up studying at Melodyland School of Theology and have reconciling biblical theology with experiential realities for the last forty years. There is more to it than just confessing Jesus Christ as Lord. We go on learning. Big challenge: the oneness of God as God sees it. We are in it. In him, that is, because he has become us. Creation is not separate, but is an emanating idea that is manifesting. So how was there a demon? Demons are ideas of our ignorance. Just as angels are ideas from God. It is hard for us to understand how thoughts can have what seems to be independent power, but I trust the intelligence that is power understands how it all works. The universe is his imagination manifest at the particle level and up, so the wall you knock on is real . . . made of particles that are imagined into manifestation. You have heard of the faith of the little mustard seed. It isn't that it is little but has faith to become big; it is that the little seed BELIEVES THAT IT IS A MUSTARD. The intelligence believes it exists as a particle and has the power to BE a particle. It has done this a lot. That is why particles are intelligent. All we all are made up of nothing: the No-thing. We exist to facilitate Its manifestation of experiences, so he moves us around a lot.

What we are working on is his imagination that is under our control. That is why Moses wrote the success manual on prayer: we have to learn how to think like the God we are. That is the destiny we shall fulfill: the Scripture.

Thanks for the question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home