The Becoming God

Thursday, May 07, 2015

Victor Alexander is Making a Movie. I Don't Know Which One, But He Could Use Some Help

I appreciate to no end Victor Alexander's translations from the ancient Aramaic. No, that is not quite what I mean to say. I do not know how good, actually, his translations are, but I know they are much, much more authentic than any "Western" translation of the scriptures. What I mean to say is that I appreciate Mr. Alexander's translating the ancient Aramaic scriptures into English. He translates as an Easterner.

The scriptures come from an Aramaic world. The people who experienced Christ spoke in Aramaic and thought in Aramaic. They experienced what became the scriptures in all Aramaic reference. When they said to themselves, "How can I say this or explain this to another person--how can I teach it?" they formulated their answers in Aramaic. It is an Eastern book.

Mr. Alexander wants to produce a movie (that is his actual line of business) depicting the teachings of the Apostles FROM THE ANCIENT ARAMAIC POINT OF VIEW.

Most Westerners do not have a clue as to what the scriptures actually mean. Our concept of God is completely alien to the Bible. Referring to Jesus as the Word of God is a platitude compared to the Aramaic idea of his being the Manifestation of God. The Aramaic is a world apart from our darkness. Alexander wants to open a door to a lighted room.

The young man is now looking for crowd funding for his movie ideas. The problem is "crowd" funding. Not much of a crowd. His most recent campaign, I believe, is https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-apostles. This sounds like a period piece. He also has plans for a contemporary piece, http://www.v-a.com/bible/AAC/story-of-eashoa-msheekha.html, which sounds better to me. Personally, I would prefer a movie from the Indian author of Mark's perspective, but that is in my head, not Alexander's.

If you have the time to listen to the above pitches, please do. If you have funds to contribute for the production of the movies, please do. (No, I do not get any of it; I just mention this for love of the Lord). If you are a richer person who could fund Alexander, please do. I want him to translate more of the Bible. And if you are interested in Victor's translations from the ancient Aramaic, I will admit they are not perfect, but they are a big step closer to what the authors of the Bible actually wrote. Alexander has a lot of notes at v-a.com/bible, and his translations can be purchased at http://www.v-a.com/bible/bible-order.html.

If you have a blog or other means of advertising this crowd funding, won't you please cut and paste the URLs
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-apostles and http://www.v-a.com/bible/AAC/story-of-eashoa-msheekha.html onto your site and make mention of them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home