The Becoming God

Friday, April 17, 2015

Meditate on the Oneness

This is not really a post. I just need to remind myself to work on the oneness. I have a hard time holding the idea of oneness in the forefront when I think of theology. "I am God" is not supposed to have two items in it. Neither is "Christ in me" or "Me and you."

What whipped up my mind this morning was reading something on an esoteric theology website (specifically, http://www.thenazareneway.com/Q&A_What_were_Jesus_last_%20words.htm). It mentioned something I have known for years, that the Holy Spirit and Wisdom are always in the feminine gender in the Bible. I suddenly realized, though, that in "Christ is the Power of God and the Wisdom of God," God's power is masculine and God's wisdom is feminine . . . and they are ONE. AND Christ in me--both the God-conscious Christ-me and the witless, stupid amnesiac Christ-me--are all three of us ONE. God is all of us in one; and all of us are one--and only one--in God.

Do you get the drift of what I am wrestling? contemplating? It is the error I make in saying that Advaita means, "God is not one, but not two." No, God IS one. There are no twos. All apparent multiplicity is illusion--we are all the same thing. I feel like a mystical egg is going to crack in my head. Maybe I'll feel better in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home