The Becoming God

Thursday, September 04, 2014

Stop Misreading the Bible: Luke 2 Is About You When You Were Born--and What You Are

Revised 10-08-2014


Stop Misreading the Bible: Luke 2 is about a) when we were born, and b) what we are.

In Luke 2: 25-35, where the elderly Simeon goes into the temple to find "the Lord's Christ," it must be noted that the very words, "the Lord's Christ," distinctly imply that the Christ is not the Lord. That is a possessive: he is the Christ OF the Lord. This perplexed me for a moment when it was pointed out to me, because I know that they are the same: Christ IS the Lord.

Over the years I have informed of another language, a language which reads in the spiritual values of the Bible's illustrative speech. I know that Simeon, for instance, means hearing. That is even noted in the margin of my Companion Bible. Simeon is illustrative of our inner, perceptive hearing that has intention to obey what is heard.

Okay, I "hear."

I see my inner hearing, Simon, coming in spirit (not physically) into the temple. The temple is an illustration of man, and I find in my temple a "man," a child still wrapped in swaddling cloths, who is the Lord's Christ. I know that "Christ" is the spirit of God, his power and wisdom's action who was crucified upon this body at my birth. Oh. I get it: the babe I find, "the Lord's Christ" . . . is me. THAT is what Luke was saying.

Can you see yourself as a newborn baby? Take a good look: THAT is the Lord's Christ--YOU! And every child born of woman the same.

Yes, we have grown up, but have we caught on? We are each the Lord's Christ. Not "Christs."  There is only one Christ. Get the idea of plurals out of your mind--except for babes: there is only one God, one Christ, one Father, one Baptism, and we all are the same One born as many babes. God does not say in Psalm 82: 6, "I have said, 'Ye are gods'"; he says, "I have said, 'Ye are God.'"

(The One) Over the Flames (the literal meaning of Elohim) also IS the flames, and they are Him, too.

This oneness is the lost "goddess" of our religion that Gandy and Freke speak of in The Jesus Mysteries and Jesus and the Lost Goddess. We hear two and think two--the Lord and his Christ, Adam and Eve, God and man, but there is only one. Boy, that gets us spinning in circles, but it is the Gospel's truth that we are here to grasp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home