The Becoming God

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Healing by God the Imaginer Imagining or the Imaginer in "Me" Imagining

I come from a Pentecostal tradition of asking for and receiving healing from God. Answered prayer in visibly manifest healings and ministers "calling out" healings among congregants they don't even know is the expected norm in my background. But what is going on in these healings?

I think it may be that "the picture of health" (whatever that might mean to a person physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, etc.) is to us "the way it supposed to be," and whatever we've got manifest is "sin," i.e., variance from what is "right." We imagine ourselves "ill"--which we are because we create our own worlds by what we imagine.

We ask the divine, Most Holy Imaginer for healing (or, of course, he knows all of what is really going on), AND HE IMAGINES US "RIGHT." He imagines us in the right state of whatever kind of health we need, and our "sin" (which we have created) is forgiven and his imagined image of us takes over: "Hey, I imagine I've got a cancer"; "No, I don't imagine you do." "Hey, thanks for imagining me right!"

I know that that tradition works. I am just exploring the possibility that what the divine, Most Holy Imaginer does he wants us to do, TOO, and had the Bible written for that purpose--that we might learn how to do it (healing) with him and as him--because that is what he WANTS us to do; "Ye believe in God, believe also in 'Me.'"

So, you can go either route--to the Divine Imaginer in church or in mind an ask him for healing, or emulate him by imagining yourself healed and whole and "right." As my former pastor, Jessie Mason used to say about prayer, "The only way to do it . . . is to do it."

"Ah, but Jessie, HOW do you do it?" Well, I am pretty sure Jessie only knew the former, the asking, which he did much, and it worked much. The latter imagining way, not so much. For that I think we need to go to Neville Goddard, Joseph Murphy and their likes. I am trying to outline the process of imagining from Neville's lectures and books--trying to gather all the points into something of a training manual. Someone's got to do what the church is supposed to have been doing--training the people for the works of ministry--of imagining right (whether in asking the Imaginer or being the Imaginer). There sure is a big need out there--we won't ever finish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home